Touro College Of Pharmacy- New York

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You are given a scenario. You discuss that with other people in the room and then write a response!! I believe they vary from group to group ---

For example, for my interview, we had the Island Survivor Scenario.

We had to come up with 12 items that we would have with us for long term survival. Each person had to come up with their 12 items. Then everyone discusses this, and comes up with a group list of 12 items to have.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

Just got an interview for Nov 22. Is anyone else coming from CA? And if so, did anyone find a good price for flights? I just checked, and it was showing around 400 dollars each way (yikes)

Hey guys,

Just got an interview for Nov 22. Is anyone else coming from CA? And if so, did anyone find a good price for flights? I just checked, and it was showing around 400 dollars each way (yikes)

congrats! when did u receive ur interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats! when did u receive ur interview?

Thank you! I got it today actually (in the morning). I was kind of surprised considering my pharmcas doesn't show any updates at all (it only shows that my application and fee have been received) and my check still hasn't been cashed! Are you still waiting for yours?

Thank you! I got it today actually (in the morning). I was kind of surprised considering my pharmcas doesn't show any updates at all (it only shows that my application and fee have been received) and my check still hasn't been cashed! Are you still waiting for yours?

yes i am still waiting unfortunately lol idk what's wrong my pharmcas has already been updated a week ago and my gpa isn't that bad :( I just emailed Hilda hopefully she'll get back to me soon. Maybe there's something wrong w/my anatomy/physiology requirement.

goodluck on ur interview and update us on how it goes :)

yes i am still waiting unfortunately lol idk what's wrong my pharmcas has already been updated a week ago and my gpa isn't that bad :( I just emailed Hilda hopefully she'll get back to me soon.

goodluck on ur interview and update us on how it goes :)

I'm sure you'll get one soon...no worries! In case you're wondering, my pharmcas was received by them on October 3rd and my supplemental + fee were received Oct 19th. Maybe yours was received later and they'll email you shortly!

Hey guys,

I'm coming from Los Angeles. Which part of CA are you coming from? I have noon interview. The air tix is pretty pricey. I paid 500 for my air tix roundtrip. Ouch~~~

I'm coming from Los Angeles. Which part of CA are you coming from? I have noon interview. The air tix is pretty pricey. I paid 500 for my air tix roundtrip. Ouch~~~

I'm coming from LA/OC area as well!! I have the noon interview too...did you book thru Southwest? I'm going to try and look through expedia or something like that. Yes, definitely ouch haha

I'm coming from LA/OC area as well!! I have the noon interview too...did you book thru Southwest? I'm going to try and look through expedia or something like that. Yes, definitely ouch haha

COOL~~~ Try nextag travel. It will search for the best deal. Good luck in hunting~~~:D

I am trying to look for questions that are mostly asked at an interview, but feedback is empty. Do you guys think that CA Touro might have similar interview questions? Maybe someone doesnt mind to specify certain questions. Thanks a lot!

How many people have been invited and how many are attending?

Anyone else heard anything from October interviews?

Hi guys do you think they have an earlier interview time on tuesday? mine is at 12pm.

I got my interview invitation yesterday too..see u guys on Nov 22nd :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm from OC too :love:

Wow... Lots of Californians are flying to NYC. :D

Hi Sparda29,

I was wondering if you could shed some light on Touro's overall program. What initially drew me was the whole 2+2 program and getting that experience early on. However, the more that I think about it, the more I wonder how it's possible to learn all of the material in just two years (I know some of the three year programs only do two years didactic but they also go year round). Did you feel prepared enough before starting your rotations?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Just a notice for those who will attend the interview on 22nd, I just saw the forecast. It's a raining day. I don't want to get wet!!! :(

Anyway, just a reminder that you might get wet!!!

Can anyone tell me is there any hotel nearby Touro COP with a reasonable rate? is any of them has a special rate for interviewed students? So far all of the hotel recommended in the interview confirmation letter has a ridiculous rate for me (about $350+ per night) :(

Goodluck all for november 22nd. Please share your experiences!

Hello,
those who attended the 12 pm interview. How long does it last? Can you get the flight back home that night? Thanks

hiee...
any one plzzz help me..how was the interview?? what they are asking?? how could we answer? plzzz

Hey guys.
I created a Facebook page for a class of 2016. Just search for "Touro college of pharmacy class of 2016" . This is the best tool to get to know your classmates and find roommates. It was the best tool for me when I got in as well.

Congrats to all of those who got in , and I am wishing the one waiting for interview the best of luck.

Hope to see you guys all next year. ;)

BTW, There is a thread for Touro college of pharmacy class of 2016. Post your questions there, and im sure sparda would help you guys out

Hey guys.
I created a Facebook page for a class of 2016. Just search for "Touro college of pharmacy class of 2016" . This is the best tool to get to know your classmates and find roommates. It was the best tool for me when I got in as well.

Congrats to all of those who got in , and I am wishing the one waiting for interview the best of luck.

Hope to see you guys all next year. ;)

BTW, There is a thread for Touro college of pharmacy class of 2016. Post your questions there, and im sure sparda would help you guys out

Just requested to join the group~~~;)

just paid my 1k enrollment deposit! and joined the touro pharmacy class of 2016! can't wait to meet all of you guys!

How's the campus and the surrounding areas and the facilities? This is one of my concerns. I think I would love to live in New York for a while, but I do have options. Part of my decision is going to be based on how nice the area is. Can some of you me a little insight?

I'm a student at Touro. To shed light on your question, Touro WILL be accredited next year for sure. The structure of Touro is designed to help you get as much experience as possible before graduating that's why it's a 2 + 2 program. We're geared more towards public health and if anyone of you know, that's the future role of Pharmacists not retail and Touro will get you started with that.. A lot of the rotations you do are not even in pharmacies. You get to experience research facilities like the Ralph Lauren Center and Columbia School of Public Health. You work with insurance companies and a bunch of hospitals in NY..

For those of you that already have interviews, make sure you know a lot about health care systems, public health, health disparities and so forth.. Pharmacy experience doesn't mean too much to them. The key is COMMUNITY SERVICE... I have classmates who have never seen the inside of a pharmacy but volunteered their asses off.

They do a couple of interview sessions every month and accept some people at the end of the month.. If you're not accepted, don't worry they review every single application at the end of every month and compare you to the people who interviewed in that month. So you may interview in October but may not get in till March.. Just keep sending them emails not PHONE CALLS.. IT'S ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO GET THEM TO ANSWER A PHONE CALL. They're a bit slow but they will get back to you..
Could you tell me what their financial aid package was like? As well as the course schedule ?

Hello guys, I have an interview on jan 26th. Can you guys share what questions they ask during the interview?