7+ Year Member
- Sep 5, 2014
- Reaction score
Have any Middletown folks received any info on orientation week? I still don't have anything.
you will be able to make your campus preference on your secondary application.Hello everybody! I am applying this 2015-2016 cycle. Im a little confused though... AACOMAS only has one application to fill out for Touro - New York... How do we know if we get into Middletown or if we get into Harlem? Or do accepted students commute between the two school during different parts of the 4 year system? Thanks! Congrats to everybody accepted and good luck to everybody wait listed
This might be a stupid question but weve turned in $3000 for deposits etc, and i had heard it would be added to our tuition, but mine isnt showing up anywhere and with my fin aid im a lil over 1k short, does anyone kno who to contact about that?
i had a two-on-one interview. the interview itself lasts about 30 min. other time of the day are filled with presentations(finance aid, curriculum introduction, etc), campus tour and meeting up with current students and dean. it was a relaxing environment and everyone i encountered there was friendly. Good luck!Interview invite today. Does touro do panel interviews or on-on-one? I see that the interview begins at 9 and ends at 2. Can anyone comment on the schedule and presentations given on interview day?
Thanks!i had a two-on-one interview. the interview itself lasts about 30 min. other time of the day are filled with presentations(finance aid, curriculum introduction, etc), campus tour and meeting up with current students and dean. it was a relaxing environment and everyone i encountered there was friendly. Good luck!
hi guys would anyone like to share their stats I was really curious and want to decide if I should do an SMP or take graduate classes at my campus to boost my gpa
any help would be really amazing
Just got an email: waitlisted at Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine in Harlem, NY.
Since everyone asks, my timeline:
- 2014-12-01: primary submitted
- 2015-01-16: secondary received
- 2015-02-26: secondary submitted
- 2015-??-??: file completion date unknown; never received email
- 2015-04-13: interview invite received
- 2015-05-06: interviewed
- 2015-05-19: wait-listed
- Non-traditional applicant (34 years-old): was pre-med at an Ivy League college and did horribly. Graduated and stuck with the pre-med path out of stubbornness, but subsequently dropped out of a SMP and thought I was done with medicine forever. Joined the Marine Corps, graduated from a non-Ivy League law school, and deployed to Afghanistan; experiences made me re-think medicine. Recently finished MS program at an Ivy League graduate school. Now working in emergency management.
- MCAT: 32 (2013), 35 (2006), 34-36 (2001, back when VR was scaled 13-15)
- Undergraduate (including postbacc) science GPA: 3.38; undergraduate (including postbacc) overall GPA: 3.38
- Graduate science GPA: 2.71 (thanks to dropping out of Georgetown SMP); graduate overall GPA: 2.78 (thanks to law school grades)
- Cumulative science GPA: 3.11; cumulative overall GPA: 3.11
- Clearly my GPA is low and I have comparably little experience with the medically underserved, but I think the high MCAT scores, unusual work history (Marine Corps, licensed attorney), and prestige factor (I mention Ivy League not to toot my horn, but to explain a mitigating factor) of my undergraduate/graduate education helped.