You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Touro Nevada MHS: 2019-2020
Started by georgiagirl97
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey guys! Has anyone applied to this SMP? I just submitted my application today.
Thank you so much for making this forum! 🙂
Yes, I applied and have been recently placed on the waitlist for this program.. I attempted to ask several questions on last year's forum, but no current student answered any yet, so I will transfer them over here in case any current student in the MHS program sees this forum, and is willing to answer them:
1)If you are currently a student in the MHS program, can you expand a little on the program's pros and cons now that you are getting near the end of it? How is the program, and how is Touro, Nevada in general? Do you recommend it to those of us who are attempting to enter med. school after?
2)Question regarding the MCAT/GRE preparation class embedded in the curriculum: is it a mandatory course, or elective that may not be taken? Because I am attempting to retake my MCAT before starting the program so that I can only focus on classes, and get the best grades I can.. I feel like preparing for the MCAT while in the program might take away needed time from studying for classes..
3)Does any current student have an idea of how easy/hard it is to get off of the waitlist? How can I possibly improve my chances besides maybe sending in a letter??
Thank you so much!
georgiagirl97
Full Member
Do you mind telling me what your stats were? I'm very nervous now. I didn't know they had a waitlist.Thank you so much for making this forum! 🙂
Yes, I applied and have been recently placed on the waitlist for this program.. I attempted to ask several questions on last year's forum, but no current student answered any yet, so I will transfer them over here in case any current student in the MHS program sees this forum, and is willing to answer them:
1)If you are currently a student in the MHS program, can you expand a little on the program's pros and cons now that you are getting near the end of it? How is the program, and how is Touro, Nevada in general? Do you recommend it to those of us who are attempting to enter med. school after?
2)Question regarding the MCAT/GRE preparation class embedded in the curriculum: is it a mandatory course, or elective that may not be taken? Because I am attempting to retake my MCAT before starting the program so that I can only focus on classes, and get the best grades I can.. I feel like preparing for the MCAT while in the program might take away needed time from studying for classes..
3)Does any current student have an idea of how easy/hard it is to get off of the waitlist? How can I possibly improve my chances besides maybe sending in a letter??
Thank you so much!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you mind telling me what your stats were? I'm very nervous now. I didn't know they had a waitlist.
No, don't be at all! Throughout the entire process, the admins. seemed very nice and seemed like they cared and actually spent time looking at the app so I'm sure something will stand out from yours!! Sure, I'll pm you my stats...
No, don't be at all! Throughout the entire process, the admins. seemed very nice and seemed like they cared and actually spent time looking at the app so I'm sure something will stand out from yours!! Sure, I'll pm you my stats...
I can't start a conversation with u, if u can update your settings, I will pm you my stats..
georgiagirl97
Full Member
Hey! I changed myself settings, so you should be able to now.I can't start a conversation with u, if u can update your settings, I will pm you my stats..
D
deleted847290
Hey, I also applied. Is there anyone on here who got accepted yet?
D
deleted847290
anyone know about housing? etc??
georgiagirl97
Full Member
Don't know anything about housing! Maybe try checking last years forum! Did you end up getting accepted? My last LOR was just sent in today, so I'm hoping to hear back by next week!anyone know about housing? etc??
Don't know anything about housing! Maybe try checking last years forum! Did you end up getting accepted? My last LOR was just sent in today, so I'm hoping to hear back by next week!
As far as I know from the little info I have, they don't have any sort of housing options on campus.. so I think students just rent anywhere nearby because the campus is near a residential area, it isn't like out in nowhere! Anyone can confirm this as well?
No, don't be at all! Throughout the entire process, the admins. seemed very nice and seemed like they cared and actually spent time looking at the app so I'm sure something will stand out from yours!! Sure, I'll pm you my stats...
Hi, do you mind sharing your stats with me as well? I just applied today and I’m afraid it’s too late🙁
Thank you!
I applied to this Program. No, I haven't heard anything back regarding apps, however I did spend like 45 mins on the phone with the admissions and he was very welcoming, inspiring, and gave me lots of advice on how to go about the process. I'm hoping for the best, for us all. 

georgiagirl97
Full Member
That's great to hear! Any advice worth sharing that he gave? Also, when did you submit your application?I applied to this Program. No, I haven't heard anything back regarding apps, however I did spend like 45 mins on the phone with the admissions and he was very welcoming, inspiring, and gave me lots of advice on how to go about the process. I'm hoping for the best, for us all.![]()
To be honest, it was more personal than general. However he just gave me insight about the program. Informed me of what kind of questions I should ask regarding SMP programs if given the opportunity such as linkage, affiliations, automatic interviews, what % of SMP students matriculate into their Med school. We talked about GPAs for applicants as well as the MCAT. In all he just gave me a great welcoming feeling and I didn't feel judged from struggling during my undergrad.
Oh, and I submitted my app Mid to late March, however I was informed that it wasn't too late for a submission.
Oh, and I submitted my app Mid to late March, however I was informed that it wasn't too late for a submission.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jpadilla0991
New Member
Hi all, just put down my deposit. Got accepted late March. Hopefully, you all make it.
Congratulations!!! Do you mind sharing your stats?Hi all, just put down my deposit. Got accepted late March. Hopefully, you all make it.
Hi all, just put down my deposit. Got accepted late March. Hopefully, you all make it.
Thank you! Congrats!! 🙂
georgiagirl97
Full Member
How long did it take for you to hear back once you submitted your application?Hi all, just put down my deposit. Got accepted late March. Hopefully, you all make it.
How long did it take for you to hear back once you submitted your application?
Not sure about others, but I heard back exactly a month after! Anyone else?
Not sure about others, but I heard back exactly a month after! Anyone else?
Ooooh that's awhile.
Ooooh that's awhile.![]()
Maybe those who got accepted heard back sooner? Can anyone confirm? Exactly after one month, I was informed that I was placed on the waitlist for the program.. and to this day, still on the waitlist (have not heard anything from them yet.)
jpadilla0991
New Member
Sure, cGPA: 2.96 sGPA:3.26 MCAT: 504 (Phys/Chem 125/CARS 124/Bio 129/Psych 126).Congratulations!!! Do you mind sharing your stats?
Maybe taking the MCAT helped.
I heard back about 2 weeks after I submitted my app. It was surprisingly quick for me.How long did it take for you to hear back once you submitted your application?
Sure, cGPA: 2.96 sGPA:3.26 MCAT: 504 (Phys/Chem 125/CARS 124/Bio 129/Psych 126).
Maybe taking the MCAT helped.
I heard back about 2 weeks after I submitted my app. It was surprisingly quick for me.
Not bad, our stats are somewhat similar. But My MCAT score isn't due to come back until 4/16
jpadilla0991
New Member
Hopefully, you did well. Good luck.Not bad, our stats are somewhat similar. But My MCAT score isn't due to come back until 4/16
Sure, cGPA: 2.96 sGPA:3.26 MCAT: 504 (Phys/Chem 125/CARS 124/Bio 129/Psych 126).
Maybe taking the MCAT helped.
I heard back about 2 weeks after I submitted my app. It was surprisingly quick for me.
Thank you for your response!
Did they call or email you?
jpadilla0991
New Member
They emailed me.Thank you for your response!
Did they call or email you?
traveler8861
Full Member
anyone know about housing? etc??
I applied and am still waiting on the decision. I'm also looking for a girl roommate!
traveler8861
Full Member
I'm just curious... anyone have any idea about the class load if it's Mon-Fri (5 days) a week thing?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
traveler8861
Full Member
Good question . I applied , I just received an email that all my Supplemental Material has been received this week. I’m hoping I get accepted . I already received an acceptance from LMU-DCOM SMP,
But idk there was something I really liked about TUN.
Is the program comparable? Do you plan to do D.O after?
I think you can say comparable in areas and in others not really. For example I was informed that TUN has a high matriculant rate of SMP students going to TUNCOM.Is the program comparable? Do you plan to do D.O after?
Yes, I plan to reapply to DO programs this cycle, I’m hoping for my acceptance there also lol. I guess it weighs on my MCAT score.
traveler8861
Full Member
Can i private message you?I think you can say comparable in areas and in others not really. For example I was informed that TUN has a high matriculant rate of SMP students going to TUNCOM.
Yes, I plan to reapply to DO programs this cycle, I’m hoping for my acceptance there also lol. I guess it weighs on my MCAT score.
CertainlyCan i private message you?
How long did you have to wait for that email? I applied on April 1st and still haven’t received any confirmation that they have all of my documents.Good question . I applied , I just received an email that all my Supplemental Material has been received this week. I’m hoping I get accepted . I already received an acceptance from LMU-DCOM SMP,
But idk there was something I really liked about TUN.
If everything goes well, i also will be looking for a girl roommate 😉I applied and am still waiting on the decision. I'm also looking for a girl roommate!
I submitted my app on 3/29 so nearly 2 weeksHow long did you have to wait for that email? I applied on April 1st and still haven’t received any confirmation that they have all of my documents.
traveler8861
Full Member
If everything goes well, i also will be looking for a girl roommate 😉
I just got my acceptance letter today! yay!!!!
traveler8861
Full Member
See you all in July! Do we have like a fb page for this?
I just got my acceptance letter today! yay!!!!
Yay, CONGRATS!! 🙂Do you mind telling me what your stats were? I am still on the waitlist, and am trying to figure out my chances of getting off of it lol.. If you prefer to privately message me, please do so! Thanks and congrats once more!! 🙂
traveler8861
Full Member
Yay, CONGRATS!! 🙂Do you mind telling me what your stats were? I am still on the waitlist, and am trying to figure out my chances of getting off of it lol.. If you prefer to privately message me, please do so! Thanks and congrats once more!! 🙂
Sure! Hold on i'll PM you 🙂
traveler8861
Full Member
Yay, CONGRATS!! 🙂Do you mind telling me what your stats were? I am still on the waitlist, and am trying to figure out my chances of getting off of it lol.. If you prefer to privately message me, please do so! Thanks and congrats once more!! 🙂
I can't PM you... i think there's a privacy thing on your profile? You can message me instead
D
deleted847290
yes, I got accepted. I'm looking for a roommate. I am female...for those looking for a girl roommate lol.
traveler8861
Full Member
yes, I got accepted. I'm looking for a roommate. I am female...for those looking for a girl roommate lol.
I messaged you @pl6778
Yay congratulations to you.I just got my acceptance letter today! yay!!!!

Nothing but the best wishes for you.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations!!! When did you submit your app?I just got my acceptance letter today! yay!!!!
galkatheri
New Member
I SUBMIT MY COMPLETE MY APPLICATION AND SUBMITTED MONTH AGO AND NO REPLY TILL NOW ?
galkatheri
New Member
CONGRATULATIONI just got my acceptance letter today! yay!!!!
traveler8861
Full Member
Congratulations!!! When did you submit your app?
I submitted it like 3 weeks ago? I believe..
traveler8861
Full Member
Try emailing Mr. Buckner? He responds really fast!I SUBMIT MY COMPLETE MY APPLICATION AND SUBMITTED MONTH AGO AND NO REPLY TILL NOW ?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 1K