Touro-NV MHS 2018-2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dostudentdoc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi friends.

Just got accepted to Touro-NV MHS program for c/o 2019. Thought to start a forum! Anyone else on the same boat?

There's not that much information about the program.
Can anyone shed some light please??

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi friends.

Just got accepted to Touro-NV MHS program for c/o 2019. Thought to start a forum about it. There's not that much information about the program. Can anyone shed some light please??

TOURO UNIVERSITY NEVADA AND NEVADA STATE COLLEGE ANNOUNCE NEW PARTNERSHIP TO PROMOTE MEDICAL HEALTH SCIENCES FOR FUTURE HEALTHCARE STUDENTS

https://tun.touro.edu/touro-univers...alth-sciences-for-future-healthcare-students/

MHS program was separated from DO students from this year. This program is for those who would like to go towards PA or DO. From this year TUN has increased DO seats from 135 to 181 so MHS students have a great chance to get into DO as long as they maintain certain GPA.

Last edited:
I have been accepted to this program as well and was wondering once you paid your deposit did anyone receive a confirmation email?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been accepted to this program as well and was wondering once you paid your deposit did anyone receive a confirmation email?

No i didn't receive an confirmation email but i screenshotted the confirmation page.

I'm in the process of applying now. I noticed they had a 750 word limit on the personal statement. I felt like that was a long stretch to explain how the program would benefit me. Does anyone know a rule of thumb for the length of this statement?

Hi friends.

Just got accepted to Touro-NV MHS program for c/o 2019. Thought to start a forum! Anyone else on the same boat?

Hello!

I also just recently got accepted! I do not have much information as of now except for the orientation dates.

Is there an interview process for this program?

Im taking my MCAT in march and scores release on May 1st... do you think i can apply and send scores afterwords?

Just got an acceptance, however I got accepted into a medical school so I'll be declining the offer. Good luck to the rest of you!

Just got an acceptance, however I got accepted into a medical school so I'll be declining the offer. Good luck to the rest of you!
Congratulations and best of luck to you!
May I ask, how long did it take to get your acceptance after you submitted?

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't find any information if....
Does this program offers a guaranteed interview for the following year, for example like lecom ?

Does this program offers a guaranteed interview for the following year, for example like lecom ?
There is a lot of details surrounding it that are hard to find on the website, but can be located via SDN. There is criteria you have to meet in order to interview but as a general rule, yes you are "guaranteed" an interview. Stipulations such as you fail a course or something to that affect will likely keep you from that guarantee. I suggest doing a google search on the outcomes and reviewing other threads about the program. It isn't a program to be taken lightly and from what I have read if you aren't prepared to act like you are already in medical school and work extremely hard then you end up doing yourself more harm than good. The information is out there but you are going to have to do more than one google search to answer all your questions. Unfortunately, Touro Nevada has a really poor website.

For this year 2017-2018, you must have 3.25 gpa for their masters and you are guaranteed interview and most likely you will get in for class of 2022.

Is anyone who is planning to attend this program applying to medical school this upcoming cycle or the next cycle?Also, If we want to be considered for the "guarantee interview", are we expected to submit the primary application?

Is anyone who is planning to attend this program applying to medical school this upcoming cycle or the next cycle?Also, If we want to be considered for the "guarantee interview", are we expected to submit the primary application?
Majority of the students apply the same cycle and the way I understood the guaranteed interview is for same cycle. For Touro the MHS starts in July and you are most likely apply after you finish your 1st semester and the interview will be for all MHS students will be in February/March.

Hi all!
I submitted my application a couple of days ago so I'm patiently awaiting :)!
Any more acceptances?

Hi friends.

Congratulations!
Can you please provide your stats? :)

Congratulations!
Can you please provide your stats? :)

Best of luck! I had a cGPA of 3.176 and BCPM GPA of 2.97/3.00 (depending if Biostatistics in public health is consider a bio/math course or not). I'll be retaking my mcat in April!

Last edited:
This MHS program is very rigorous and fast paced. If you haven't taken MCAT or your MCAT score is low, take it before this program starts. Once you are in this program it will be hard to study for MCAT unless you want to take right after 1st semester but the first MCAT test availability will be around 1/20/2019. If you take after 1st semester you will gain lot of knowledge for MCAT.
All the best!

Reactions: 1 users
I was accepted last week! Any other accepted students have any advice on housing in the Henderson/Vegas area? Has anyone started a Facebook page for the class?

I was accepted last week! Any other accepted students have any advice on housing in the Henderson/Vegas area? Has anyone started a Facebook page for the class?
Congrats!!! When did you apply :)? I saw that Touro students posted where they live or housing. Google Touro University nevada - housing. I'd post the link but I"m still new to this site and haven't met the requirements to post links yet :( yet

Best of luck! I had a cGPA of 3.176 and BCPM GPA of 2.97/3.00 (depending if Biostatistics in public health is consider a bio/math course or not). I'll be retaking my mcat in April!

We're in the same both! I hope to hear from them soon and see you there :D.

Congrats!!! When did you apply :)? I saw that Touro students posted where they live or housing. Google Touro University nevada - housing. I'd post the link but I"m still new to this site and haven't met the requirements to post links yet :( yet

I applied at the end of December!

Has anyone else been accepted? And anyone know how to find housing and all that stuff?

Has anyone else been accepted? And anyone know how to find housing and all that stuff?

I was in same shoes like you last year. Ended up 80 on Gibson apartments. They are 1 mile from the campus.

I was in same shoes like you last year. Ended up 80 on Gibson apartments. They are 1 mile from the campus.
If you don’t mind me asking, did you have housemates? If so, how did you go about finding them?

So I just retook my mcat and I felt really violated by it. I was scoring about 508-510 on my practice AAMC and now I’m praying that I even get a 500 on the actual one.

I’m not too sure what to do next if I don’t get a 500. Does anyone have recommendation on what I should do in order to be still consider for the DO program right after the mhs program?

So I just retook my mcat and I felt really violated by it. I was scoring about 508-510 on my practice AAMC and now I’m praying that I even get a 500 on the actual one.

I’m not too sure what to do next if I don’t get a 500. Does anyone have recommendation on what I should do in order to be still consider for the DO program right after the mhs program?

Don't under estimate yourself. You may have done well on MCAT. Just wait for the score.

Has anyone been registered for classes yet? Im still patiently waiting

Has anyone been registered for classes yet? Im still patiently waiting

Don't worry. The orientation will be usually end of June to first week of July. You will get notification via email so sit tight and look for places and enjoy your time in the meantime. You will be super busy once the MHS program starts.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi where did you guys find the financial aid terms and condition to accept? When I log into TOUROONE it says that is the only thing left to do but I don't know where to go

Hi where did you guys find the financial aid terms and condition to accept? When I log into TOUROONE it says that is the only thing left to do but I don't know where to go

Go to left side and there are 4 tabs >> Home, registration, academic and then financial services. Once you click on financial services try to change the year, it may shows 2017-2018, change to 2018-2019.

Look at the attached file, i hope this will help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 7.37.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 7.37.59 PM.png
    125.7 KB · Views: 88
Go to left side and there are 4 tabs >> Home, registration, academic and then financial services. Once you click on financial services try to change the year, it may shows 2017-2018, change to 2018-2019.

Look at the attached file, i hope this will help.
I see that too! But i'm not too sure where to actually get the file or document. It's not letting me click on anything.

So... I ended up getting lower than 500... I'm really not sure what to do next or when to retake it.

Don't worry. As long as you do well in the master's program and try to get 3.5+ you will get into their DO program.

I have the same thing that pops up but it won't let me click on anything, i dont think we can accept it yet

How is this program treating the ones who decided to attend this school? I'm thinking of applying this cycle.

Greetings all,

I was wondering if anyone involved in this thread happened to know if the program had a conditional interview or acceptance associated with their medical school - looking in the past I feel that one existed but can't seem to find any info anymore.

Greetings all,

I was wondering if anyone involved in this thread happened to know if the program had a conditional interview or acceptance associated with their medical school - looking in the past I feel that one existed but can't seem to find any info anymore.
So they have changed it to automatic interview if you meet the GPA requirement only based off your performance in the program not undergrad. There was a recent dean change so im not sure what the specific numbers will be