Touro-NV MHS 2018-2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How is this program treating the ones who decided to attend this school? I'm thinking of applying this cycle.
Definitely a wonderful opportunity because I don't know if I had a chance outside of this program because my undergraduate wasn't very impressive. The program itself definitely has its positives and negatives but the staff is super receptive to student input which I like

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello everyone! I am currently applying to this program but saw that it opened awhile ago AND it runs on a rolling basis, so for those of you who are in the program/currently applying, do you think that it is too late at this point, or do I still have a chance? I am planning to submit everything within the next day or two max. Thank you!

Hello everyone! I am currently applying to this program but saw that it opened awhile ago AND it runs on a rolling basis, so for those of you who are in the program/currently applying, do you think that it is too late at this point, or do I still have a chance? I am planning to submit everything within the next day or two max. Thank you!
I definitely don't think it is too late I know a lot of people that waited Even later than this last year and got in. If I was you, maybe reach out to the admission rep for the program

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely a wonderful opportunity because I don't know if I had a chance outside of this program because my undergraduate wasn't very impressive. The program itself definitely has its positives and negatives but the staff is super receptive to student input which I like

If you are currently a student in the program (or anyone that is currently in the MHS program), can you expand a little on the program's pros and cons? How is the program, and how is Touro, Nevada in general? Now that you have been in it for awhile, do you recommend it to those of us that are attempting to enter med. school after? Thank you so much, and best of luck to you in finishing up the program and beyond!

I definitely don't think it is too late I know a lot of people that waited Even later than this last year and got in. If I was you, maybe reach out to the admission rep for the program

Thank you so much for your quick reply, I really appreciate it! This made me feel a lot better, I will submit everything ASAP! :thumbup:

I have indeed been in contact with someone since I had applied to Touro's DO program this cycle, they were kind enough to offer a transfer of letter of recs. and transcript!! :) So if anyone is thinking about applying to the MHS program, and is in my same situation (applied to DO this cycle), email them and I am sure they will help out with that! :)

is anyone applying this cycle? I don't even see a new thread.

is anyone applying this cycle? I don't even see a new thread.

Yes I am! No one answered my questions, neither added that they are also applying so I attempted to find any new forum that was created, but nope, none!!

If anyone is a current student, I had one last question regarding the MCAT/GRE preparation embedded in the curriculum: is it a mandatory class, or elective that may not be taken? Because I am attempting to retake my MCAT before starting the program so that I can only focus on classes, and get the best grades I can.. I feel like preparing for the MCAT might take away time.. Thank you!