Touro-NY Class of 2011!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
supersport-any chance you are female? I am a 22 year old female from Michigan degree in bio and I need a roommate too:)

Members don't see this ad.

supersport-any chance you are female? I am a 22 year old female from Michigan degree in bio and I need a roommate too:)

Well,I guess there's a small chance, I'll check....nope, I'm a guy just like I thought. :love:

Ok people,

I just today got the hookup on eight 2 BR, 2 BA apts setup for
roommate living in a doorman building with fitness center and
incredible, panoramic views of the city from all sides. Two of the
apts have terraces! The apt sizes are between 1275 sq ft and 1367 sq
ft. Their prices are the key! They range from $3200 to $3700 per
apt, which is dirt cheap for what they're offering. That's a cost of
$1600-$1750 max per person per month, which is really not bad at all.

Every unit has a washer and dryer unit in it, newly renovated apts
with bamboo hardwood floors, stainless steel appliances, including
dishwashers and upgraded refrigerators and huge walk-in closets in
most units. One has an 8 x 9 ft walk-in and do some yoga closet! The
bedrooms are large and the shared living space is huge and perfect for
entertaining. The building could not be more quiet and is a 5 min
walk to school, if that. Again, I'm only charging one month's rent
(see if you can find a better price) in the city with less than 1%
vacancy, leading the country in occupancy rate, meaning there isn't
that much available.

Call me ASAP or email me at findmynewapt@ yahoo.com or (917) 517-0220
to get your name on my list. This will be first come, first serve and
I have a ton of people outside of Touro who'll jump on this. These
will be gone before the end of not this weekend. I will respond to
you in the order I receive contact. I also have one 3 BR, 2 BA unit
for $4200, which is HUGE at 1695 sq ft in the same building. That's
the best deal, just $1400 per person. Be first so you can choose your
bedroom or choose one of the apts with a terrace. Pix will follow and
I have floorplans, if you'd like to see them or can't make it here and
see why you should still go for it.

You will need: 1. $50-$100 deposit per person (for credit check)
2. 3 yrs of tex returns (1st and signature pages only)
3. letter of employment (salary, position, length)
4. 3 consecutive, recent paystubs
This goes for you and/or your guarantor. Obviously, you'll also fill
out the application and the you or cosigner need to make 40-50x the
rent (btwn you and your roommate---they know you'll have a roommate)

I promise if you call me about these in mid July, they'll be long gone.

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -
Next, I have 24 small studio apts that will be ready in approx 2-3
weeks for leasing and occupancy. Rates will be btwn $1200-$1350 per
unit. About 10 blocks from school and 1 block from the park and 2
blocks from the train, which 1 block away. 10 min walk to school.
Dorm-like housing, which should end-up fully Touro occupied. Units
are 400-500 sq ft. Everyone should be on a similar schedule so it
should be pretty quiet.

Next, I have a number of individual listings all over the place, but I
need you to give me more exact parameters from the beginning so I can
find your place, including:

1. Buy or Rent
2. Price Limit
3. Roommate or Live alone
4. Studio, 1 2, 3, or 4
5. Sq ftge goal
6. Does doorman matter or no?
7. Willing to try Brooklyn (have some incredible deals here for you)
8. Date of intended earliest occupancy (can't look until 4 wks prior)
9. Pets or No
10. Cosigner or Not

Help me help you.

Finally, have a 50 unit building walking distance from school that
won't be ready for about 6 weeks (cutting it close, but call me near
the deadline, if I haven't already placed you). It'll ba almost all 1
BR's. I would love it to be all Touro, but we'll see. Will be very
nice, all new renovated and approx $1500-$1800- ish, depending on the
size of the units, which I don't yet have. Point is. I have an apt
for everyone. Email me to get on my list and I'll take care of you at
the best price.

And for those looking to buy, hopefully, you've read my posts. I've
made $158K in 13mos with my 1BR place. Anyway, we expedite the
mortgage to accelerate the closing so you can be done before schoola
dn be able to settle in. I have a 2 family home 1 block from the
train in Brooklyn now priced at $450K! (no maintenance fees--it was
lower, but he started to realize how ridiculously low his price was.
It's still $150K below market and it's newly renovated with a 4BR
duplex over a 3 BR apt with backyard and full, finished basement.
Anyway, I'm sliding off the keyboard without any fingerprints left so
email me or call. Again, first come, first serve!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wanted to keep this from falling into the abyss of page 2.

Oh I truly hope my mother has my vaccination records, somewhere, because I am not looking forward to have to go thoough another round of MMRs and Hep B.

Anyone look into the health insurance info Obed forwarded us about? I for one need to drop the funds for health insurance, I guess I will be forced to move out of the ranks of my uninsured compadres, and become part of the underinsured population, because it seems according to what I skimmed that the insurance does not cover costs like x-rays, etc.

Anyways just blabbing since Im pretty sick of seeing Debusk's blog always on top. I just dont get it, whats so exciting about being in rural Tenessee??????My brother and his wife just left a beautiful house, and fabulous life in LA and moved to Knoxville TN, fifty miles or so from Debusk. :eek: I dont get it, and probably never will---let them have their bed buddy goats, and lives in the middle of nowhere, me I will (hopefully) never give up the urban life--i love culture, and diversity, and energy and progress and people, and more people:D

Now we Tourocom NYers should have the 10-15 pages filled with the excitement about our new school in the City, and the stories of all the good we will bring to Harlem, and NYC and to the world!!!! But we are still only at 2.........kind of weak folks.......

I've now lived in Knoxville for a little over a week officially...it kicks all kinds of arse.

I love NYC, but don't get the appeal of places like Long Island. If I was going to live in NY, it would have to be in Manhattan.

To each their own. I enjoy culture, diversity, etc...as well, but there are other places in the world to get that than London, Paris, NYC, etc...and you don't have to deal with millions of people. I prefer a little countryside! :) Good luck to you.

Just wanted to keep this from falling into the abyss of page 2.

Oh I truly hope my mother has my vaccination records, somewhere, because I am not looking forward to have to go thoough another round of MMRs and Hep B.

Anyone look into the health insurance info Obed forwarded us about? I for one need to drop the funds for health insurance, I guess I will be forced to move out of the ranks of my uninsured compadres, and become part of the underinsured population, because it seems according to what I skimmed that the insurance does not cover costs like x-rays, etc.

Anyways just blabbing since Im pretty sick of seeing Debusk's blog always on top. I just dont get it, whats so exciting about being in rural Tenessee??????My brother and his wife just left a beautiful house, and fabulous life in LA and moved to Knoxville TN, fifty miles or so from Debusk. :eek: I dont get it, and probably never will---let them have their bed buddy goats, and lives in the middle of nowhere, me I will (hopefully) never give up the urban life--i love culture, and diversity, and energy and progress and people, and more people:D

Now we Tourocom NYers should have the 10-15 pages filled with the excitement about our new school in the City, and the stories of all the good we will bring to Harlem, and NYC and to the world!!!! But we are still only at 2.........kind of weak folks.......

hmm after this insulting post you have made i couldn't stop myself from firing back. So here it is..listen up buddy iam from NY and going to DCOM..if you really think people at that school are going there to graze animals and start a farm please get over yourself. Just coz Touro's in NY that doesn't make up for the adequacies in curriculum, rotation sites, technology, faculty etc and iam not sure if you even have a clear idea of your path to medicine. For instance, i would sound pretty dumb if i said i am going to a school coz it's located in manhattan over a good school like PCOM which is located in the outskirts of philly. You not even from NY and since when did people started seeing harlem as a pretty nice place to do anything...get it straight Harrogate,TN may be rural to you but it's a billion times better in every way than a garbage like Harlem. Sorry if i offended any harlem residents...in an academic point of view DCOM has a lot more potential that's one of the biggest reasons why people all across the country are going there..infact the people in harrogate are amazing...so next time you decide to dis some school without knowing the facts think twice or simply shut up!!!

i'd like to apologize for my fellow dcom classmates and their hostility. i didnt really see the post as an insult - more of a statement of preference. if you like the urban life, you dont usually like the rural (and i mean RURAL) life. Touro-NY is definitely urban (about as urban as they come) and dcom is the opposite. The appeal of dcom to a lot of us is a vast amount of potential since there is a lot of momentum behind the school (at least thats how we perceive it). The benefactor is loaded/generous, the people are really nice, the facilities are obviously top notch (if they get finished in time lol), and the faculty, at least for the first two years are really quite good. now as for years 3 & 4? i dont know, I have not done them yet, but I could see you guys (T-NY'ers) having an advantage with a larger health base around you. at least we have the UT-Knoxville center, which I believe is a level 1, but dont quote me on that. you guys will be just fine and capable physicians (as long as you put the work in), much like any other person graduating from a medical school in the US of A. As far as the rampant activity of our class threads...we just like to talk a lot I guess...that or we have no life. Maybe a little bit of both. Anyway, congrats to everyone at T-NY and good luck this fall.

hmm after this insulting post you have made i couldn't stop myself from firing back. So here it is..listen up buddy iam from NY and going to DCOM..if you really think people at that school are going there to graze animals and start a farm please get over yourself. Just coz Touro's in NY that doesn't make up for the adequacies in curriculum, rotation sites, technology, faculty etc and iam not sure if you even have a clear idea of your path to medicine. For instance, i would sound pretty dumb if i said i am going to a school coz it's located in manhattan over a good school like PCOM which is located in the outskirts of philly. You not even from NY and since when did people started seeing harlem as a pretty nice place to do anything...get it straight Harrogate,TN may be rural to you but it's a billion times better in every way than a garbage like Harlem. Sorry if i offended any harlem residents...in an academic point of view DCOM has a lot more potential that's one of the biggest reasons why people all across the country are going there..infact the people in harrogate are amazing...so next time you decide to dis some school without knowing the facts think twice or simply shut up!!!

Talk about late news!!! I wrote this all of 4-5 months ago. All of this rant for a guy who calls himself Lamborghini 1315 as well as 'the man'. Get over yourself--I would guess this is from a young twenty something! At least one of your classmates got the post--its about preference, and more specifically a lash out to my former fellow Touro-comers for not having as much 'school spirit' as the DCOMers. True, I do NOT prefer a rural environment, and this comes from personal experience-living many years when I was younger in rural parts of Colorado. City life holds so much more appeal to me. My jab about the goat was specifically from an article that someone posted from DCOM about a local resident and the loss of their 'best friend' 'bedmate' goat. It was a joke for 4-5 months ago, and those reading at the time would get it. WHo the h*ll are you to say I dont have a clear idea about my path to medicine- I have been in the medical profession for the past 8 years, working on real patients and real diseases while you were dreaming that getting in medicine would finally get you your little lamborghini and so get you laid. I would have expected more resilience to sarcasm from a New Yorker. But I will simply blame this on your youth. Reread my post I dont think I dissed DCOM at all--in fact just like the other new DO schools there will be a strong emphasis to make sure the first classes are successful. I for one just coudnt see myself living in rural TN for 4 years. To call Harlem 'garbage' is just plain and simple ignorance, how much time have you spent in Harlem?. You seriously got some growing up to do, before you start telling other people to shut up. Just for that you get this: :thumbdown: Honestly, I would love to keep tearing you up in this post, but I think my point is made. And anyways I got better things to think about like starting med school in 2 days, at the school I chose--ATSU SOMA. To my once fellow Touro Com'ers--best of luck in Harlem! Your school and urban mission are great and i know we will see some great things coming from there soon! To other DCOMers--best of luck in Harrogate. Same thing goes with you, your school and rural mission are great--we will definetely see great things from you as well.

Hexanol, I interviewed the same day as you. I was the only girl from Texas there. This has been a very difficult decision for me, but I think I'm sticking with California for medical school. I still plan on doing rotations in Harlem and the hospitals in NY so I'll be running into you guys in a couple of years. I wish all of you the best and by the looks of it, it will be a great school.

Hey quick question. I plan to go to Touro-NY this fall but upon hearing that you are interested in doing rotations in Harlem, how can I do rotations over in Cali 3rd year? Who did you talk to? Good luck in Cali. Is there anywhere to switch over to another Touro college (NV or CA) possibly for second year?

Hey quick question. I plan to go to Touro-NY this fall but upon hearing that you are interested in doing rotations in Harlem, how can I do rotations over in Cali 3rd year? Who did you talk to? Good luck in Cali. Is there anywhere to switch over to another Touro college (NV or CA) possibly for second year?

I do believe 3rd year rotations are done in the state of the school (for most schools). You tend to have more freedom your 4th year rotations.

As of switching schools, this is a very complicated process which requires you to have an over-extenuating circumstance beyond your control. if you do have one, it requires you to fill out AACOMAS, filling in the school you'd like to transfer into, then have your current Dean sign a letter of application, then you must interview at the school, and they must decide if you are accepted or not based upon whether they have enough resources to accommodate another student. If all goes well by this step, then all that's left is a signature from your new school's dean and a signature from your old dean confirming the transfer.