Touro U. Nevada acceptances yet?

Started by greco13
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jdaniels360, the 74k is the maximum amount that the school will allow you to take out. You can take out far less.
 
I believe what Azimuthal is showing you is from the Touro website. Some of the estimates such as room & board and transportation are inflated maximum costs. They do this so that you don't underestimate the cost of your education. If you're careful you should be able to come in under these estimates. No matter where you go there are additional costs and fees beyond base tuition.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Over $42k for "Other Expenses" a year. Some poor SPT must be making the brothels in Henderson REALLY happy.

Jokes aside, you shouldn't need anywhere near that amount. On another note, CSM will be in Las Vegas, 2014!!!
 
I got my acceptance letter today! So excited 🙂
Still waiting on a bunch of other schools, but putting my deposit down. Touro is one of my top choices! 🙂


University: Ohio State (undergrad), San Diego State (graduate)
Major: Sport & Leisure Studies (undergrad), M.A. Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.1
Pre-Req GPA: 3.3 (most taken at CCs)
GRE: 151 (verbal), 144 (math), 3.0 (analytical)

Extra-Curric: varsity softball (undergrad), community service, AHA heart walk captain, LLS Team in training, Future Physical Therapists Organization (SDSU)

Applied: AT Still, Azusa (2nd cycle), CSUN, Chapman, Franklin Pierce, LLU, Midwestern-Glendale, Mount St. Mary's, NAU, Nova Southeastern U., Samuel Merritt, San Diego State, TUN, UofMiami, UNLV, USF, UofPacific, Western Univ.

Interviews: Midwestern U (AZ)-waitlisted for interview

Rejections: Mount St. Mary's

Acceptances: Touro University Nevada

I was waitlisted for interview last year at midwestern..............never got an interview......just saying........
 
for the class of 2015 don't see new tuition for 2013-14 posted yet.

http://tun.touro.edu/prospective-st.../2012-2013-new-tuition-fees/dpt-class-of-2015

The 12 month loan period for this academic year is: 07/09/2012 – 05/31/2013.

REQUIRED INSTITUTIONAL EXPENSES
Tuition
$ 27,820
Fees
$ 250
Computer
$ 1,422
Health Insurance*
$ 3,400
TOTAL INSTITUTIONAL
$32,892
*Only for students using the University Health Insurance.

OTHER EXPENSES (will vary based on personal choice)
Supplies
$ 2,012
Room / Board
$ 25,830
Personal
$ 6,994
Transportation
$ 6,740
TOTAL OTHER
$41,576

GRAND TOTAL
$ 74,468
POTENTIAL AID
Unsubsidized (6.8%)
$ 20,500
Grad PLUS (7.9%) or Private loan (Varies)
$ 53,968
TOTAL
$74,468
 
Last edited:
he i know you go there as well litlwarrior08 would you mind telling us how much you take ouit a year in loans and how comfortable you live? what is the COL in the henderson area?

thanks

My folks and I went in on buying a townhome. have a roommate to share mtg and HOA fees. So that helps alot. I think I am spending beyond my means this year so far. and need to cut back. This year I took out the 20,500 direct loan and NO Grad Plus because I had some personal savings and a tuition assistance. Next year I will have to go all loans hoping to only have to borrow (hahaha "only") under 45,000 . I'm figuring 1,000-1200 a month tops this includes rent, food, car insurance medical etc. figure tuition may be 30000 and books another 2000. I don't do the school insurance. I will cost a little more the first year if you are setting up your place for the first time. I hit up goodwill, yard sales, family members and even pulled a nice table and chair set off the street that mom redid. She's handy like that> I don't cook a lot --lots of mac and cheese, ramon, sandwiches, fruit, and we hit the vegas buffetts once in awhile. Various places have student discounts on certain days for food, movies, etc. They told us a lot of this during orientation. Many of the places here have elec AC and gas heat and stove. You can do an apt search the zip at the school is 89014 and where I am at in Henderson (5 min from school) is 89011 off Russell and Boulder hgwy. There are a lot of 1-2-4 bed room places and once the facebook page for your class gets started you can connect w/ people for roomies. An upper classman set ours up last year, so did someone on this forum but we ended up on the one set up via the school. give it time it will all fall into place.
. Financial aid-loans pay out twice a year july and january. So you need to have some money to get started for down payments, security fees etc at the apts. Stay away form the casinos and tourist traps.........but there are some good deals in town for students and locals.

Hope this helps.
 
i know i saw this on the website as well but theres no way you take out $75k a year do you? i was wondering from personal experience how much you take out if you dont mind sharing? and how much COL is like rent and insurance and what not?

School can give you info on their insurance coverage, I didn't take it. and then do some shopping around and see if you can get better coverage for less. I think their plan looked pretty decent when we glanced at it last year.
 
Last edited:
My folks and I went in on buying a townhome. have a roommate to share mtg and HOA fees. So that helps alot. I think I am spending beyond my means this year so far. and need to cut back. This year I took out the 20,500 direct loan and NO Grad Plus because I had some personal savings and a tuition assistance. Next year I will have to go all loans hoping to only have to borrow (hahaha "only") under 45,000 . I'm figuring 1,000-1200 a month tops this includes rent, food, car insurance medical etc. figure tuition may be 30000 and books another 2000. I don't do the school insurance. I will cost a little more the first year if you are setting up your place for the first time. I hit up goodwill, yard sales, family members and even pulled a nice table and chair set off the street that mom redid. She's handy like that> I don't cook a lot --lots of mac and cheese, ramon, sandwiches, fruit, and we hit the vegas buffetts once in awhile. Various places have student discounts on certain days for food, movies, etc. They told us a lot of this during orientation. Many of the places here have elec AC and gas heat and stove. You can do an apt search the zip at the school is 89014 and where I am at in Henderson (5 min from school) is 89011 off Russell and Boulder hgwy. There are a lot of 1-2-4 bed room places and once the facebook page for your class gets started you can connect w/ people for roomies. An upper classman set ours up last year, so did someone on this forum but we ended up on the one set up via the school. give it time it will all fall into place.
. Financial aid-loans pay out twice a year july and january. So you need to have some money to get started for down payments, security fees etc at the apts. Stay away form the casinos and tourist traps.........but there are some good deals in town for students and locals.

Hope this helps.
thanks for sharing so much! helps a lot!
 
This may be a silly question, but I just want to make sure I'm fully prepared since this semester is about to come to an end! On ptcas, it says that Touro requires a letter of rec from either a Health Professional or a Faculty Member at our college. A Physical Therapist is a health professional, and so would it be fine if I got a LOR from my PT I shadowed/volunteered at? And for faculty member, would my Math Professor's letter of rec (or any Professor's LOR) suffice?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This may be a silly question, but I just want to make sure I'm fully prepared since this semester is about to come to an end! On ptcas, it says that Touro requires a letter of rec from either a Health Professional or a Faculty Member at our college. A Physical Therapist is a health professional, and so would it be fine if I got a LOR from my PT I shadowed/volunteered at? And for faculty member, would my Math Professor's letter of rec (or any Professor's LOR) suffice?

Both should suffice - to get more bang for your buck, cross-reference the LOR requirements across all your prospective schools to see if these two recommends can count elsewhere, otherwise you may need to prep additional LOR's.
 
Both should suffice - to get more bang for your buck, cross-reference the LOR requirements across all your prospective schools to see if these two recommends can count elsewhere, otherwise you may need to prep additional LOR's.
Thanks! Appreciate the quick feedback 🙂