Touro University Nevada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RizDPT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just got admitted to Touro University Nevada's program this week. Just wanted to see who else will be joining me.

Members don't see this ad.

yes! congratulations! they just received my app sooo...... hopefully i will be joining you ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
RiZDPT,

Congrats!!! How long did it take for you to hear back from Touro after sending off your supp. application. I'm sending mine off tomorrow!

Sent out the 2ndry last week in the mail. Got an email today that they have it under review and will let me know in 2 weeks. They don't interview. Good luck all.

RiZDPT,

Congrats!!! How long did it take for you to hear back from Touro after sending off your supp. application. I'm sending mine off tomorrow!
Two weeks. Be patient, I know it's tough but if you are a well-rounded candidate I think you'll be alright.

Received an acceptance letter 11/26...... phew!!! excited!!! They received my 2nd app 11/22...it it was pretty quick.
Haven't toured the campus yet........road trip in a couple of weeks. Have to get through finals first.

Hey I just got my acceptance letter in the mail yesterday! As of right now, it looks like I'll be at Touro next year.

RizDPT: Can you please share your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
RizDPT: Can you please share your stats?

Undergraduate Major: Economics and Psychology
Cumulative GPA: 3.09
PTCAS Core GPA: 2.82 ----> Touro University Nevada Prerequisite GPA: 2.7
GRE: 1030 (630 Q, 400 V, 4.0 AW)
Work/Observation Hours: 2405 hours across three different settings

That should cheer you up. Minus the PT hours, I'm pretty sure you all have me beat....

Reactions: 1 user

That should cheer you up. Minus the PT hours, I'm pretty sure you all have me beat....

Undergrad Major-Kinesiology
Cum GPA 3.1 (PTCAS) combination 2 com. colleges and university
Core GPA 2.8 (a couple outstanding prereqs to complete in spring-depending on PT program)
GRE old - V460 Q 580 AW 3.5
new version V 151 Q 149 AW a sucky 2.0:p
observation 130 hrs.....4 settings

Riz did you decide on Touro or ATStill in AZ?
Where is everyone coming from?
Wondering what everyone's plans are for housing. We need to keep in touch. I am going to visit campus sometime during the winter break. Thinking about getting a house and a roommate. I'd be coming from AZ.
Still would like to see if I get any offers in state but will put my deposit down. Looks like 90% is refundable.

Just received my acceptance letter as well guys!! I was having major anxiety! Probably won't tour the campus because I live out in Hawaii but can you guys tell me all about it? Thanks! Congrats everyone!!

Undergraduate Major: Kinesiology
Cumulative GPA: 3.29
Pre-req GPA: 3.34
GRE: 360V 510Q 3.5 AW (i know right? i just chanced by GRE and hoped they overlooked it)
Observation hours: 250 in 3 diff settings

I had no background in the health field (because the secondary app asked for work related experience) so.. idk? i guess maybe i had strong letters of recommendation? i had NO extra currics either. good luck guys!!

just received my acceptance letter as well guys!! I was having major anxiety! Probably won't tour the campus because i live out in hawaii but can you guys tell me all about it? Thanks! Congrats everyone!!

Undergraduate major: Kinesiology
cumulative gpa: 3.29
pre-req gpa: 3.34
gre: 360v 510q 3.5 aw (i know right? I just chanced by gre and hoped they overlooked it)
observation hours: 250 in 3 diff settings

i had no background in the health field (because the secondary app asked for work related experience) so.. Idk? I guess maybe i had strong letters of recommendation? I had no extra currics either. Good luck guys!!

yeah!!!:)

We returned home from Thanksgiving and the acceptance letter was there waiting! Congratulations to all of you guys on here who've received letters too. Does anyone know if the school has any kind of housing hook-ups?

Haven't found anything on their web site. I have been checking the area via internet. Thinking on contacting an agent for when I go for a visit.

Where in Hawaii? I'll be in Maui Dec.30-Jan 5th. If you decide you are going to go to Touro, we should meet up haha

aww I live on Oahu! its the better island!! haha jk enjoy the beaches!

stopitmarcy: were you accepted anywhere else?

Stopitmarci--thanks for the link.
I will be visiting the campus Dec 15th. I'll keep you all posted. Anyone else able to head out there?

got my acceptance letter today!!!! yay!!! $1000.00 deposit in two weeks yikes :scared: will probably visit the school at the end of february!

I visited the campus last week PM me and I will share....... It was great!!! Felt very welcome. Said 1/2 the seats are filled.

Not yet. I received emails from the other 4 schools saying they will contact in January if granted an interview.

My brother attended Touro for their DO program. and I just recently got accepted for their DPT.. =] ...

To be honest certain areas of Henderson can be fairly ghetto.. VERY small asian population, but Vegas is like 15-20 mins away. City is fairly new... My brother used to live in Timberlake apartments.

My brother attended Touro for their DO program. and I just recently got accepted for their DPT.. =] ...

To be honest certain areas of Henderson can be fairly ghetto.. VERY small asian population, but Vegas is like 15-20 mins away. City is fairly new... My brother used to live in Timberlake apartments.

hey congrats! Yeah i'm waitlisted at Regis..... have this feeling it's not going to happen so I think i'm settling for Touro since i know some people in vegas and it's close to SO Cal. Yeah so i've been trying to do research on apartments and go on apartment reviews and it seems like it's so difficult finding a good place thats not roach infested with a crappy landlord and thin walls and high noise volume. But i think i did see that there were good reviews for Timberlake. How did he like it? My friends say anywhere near st rosa parkway or whatever because it's newer. I'm also looking at green valley and i've been there before and it seemed like a very quiet neighborhood.

hey everyone.

I sent my 2nd app in last week and was wondering if you guys got notified that it was accepted or did you call to verify?

I called and verified two weeks after i sent it off and that's how i found out i got in!

I received a letter in the mail less than 2 weeks later telling me I was accepted and what process I had to follow, papers to sign and return, etc.

hey everyone.

I sent my 2nd app in last week and was wondering if you guys got notified that it was accepted or did you call to verify?

Patience..........you had to work around the holiday season.........Touro follows the Jewish holiday season, and no mail the days after Christmas and New Years. Good Luck.

This is the most exciting thing I have seen in a long time! I am applying to PT school as a second career and I have pretty lousy numbers....

Undergrad degree: Animal Science
GPA's (per PTCAS): Overall: 2.88
Pre-requisite: 3.17
Observation hours: about 1200
GRE (new): V 159 Q 144 AW 4.5

I submitted my app near the end of November to 7 schools, including Tuoro, and just got an email from them saying they received my app and are processing. I had pretty much convinced myself that its impossible for me to be accepted into PT school but now I am so relieved that I am not the only one without a 4.0 and you got accepted! Anything you can tell me I would love to hear, I need a pep talk!!

But i think i did see that there were good reviews for Timberlake. How did he like it? .

Overall he did like it.. but to be completely honest.. he almost got his place broken into once... :confused: ... Henderson in general can be a little ghetto... but there's a couple of restaurants across the street and it's right next to the 215 (freeway to get to the strip)

This is the most exciting thing I have seen in a long time! I am applying to PT school as a second career and I have pretty lousy numbers....

Undergrad degree: Animal Science
GPA's (per PTCAS): Overall: 2.88
Pre-requisite: 3.17
Observation hours: about 1200
GRE (new): V 159 Q 144 AW 4.5

I submitted my app near the end of November to 7 schools, including Tuoro, and just got an email from them saying they received my app and are processing. I had pretty much convinced myself that its impossible for me to be accepted into PT school but now I am so relieved that I am not the only one without a 4.0 and you got accepted! Anything you can tell me I would love to hear, I need a pep talk!!

Try applying to Touro College in New York as well. Your pre-req GPA is alright and ultimately more important than your overall GPA (although I would try and get that to a 3.0 if possible as well). I will refrain from commenting on your GRE score due to the fact that I am not too familiar with the new GRE scoring method. Your observation hours are strong, however. For you it comes down to your personal statement and letter's of recommendation. If both of those are strong, you have a good chance of being admitted into a PT program if not this year then the next.

Be realistic when you are applying to schools. For example, you are not getting into Northwestern so don't waste your time/money. Check out my signature at the bottom and try applying to some of the same schools I did. Hope this helps. Good luck!

yes, a few days ago. rejected, surprisingly... stats similar to others that have posted in this thread... but I still have quite a few pre-reqs in progress... only reason I can think of why? I did ask for them to comment on my application, still waiting to hear back.

Call them and they can tell your when you should hear a decision. That's what I did last week and they said I will hear the following week.

yes, a few days ago. rejected, surprisingly... stats similar to others that have posted in this thread... but I still have quite a few pre-reqs in progress... only reason I can think of why? I did ask for them to comment on my application, still waiting to hear back.

When did you send in your app? I think what really helped was applying early. I sent out my stuff back in September.

I just got a call today saying I was accepted. Are there any current Touro U students on here that are willing to answer a few questions for me?

Can you share a bit more about the process? I.e...how long ago did you apply, when did you send your secondary, stats, etc. I thought I would hear from them last week and am dying a slow death waiting. Still have hopes I will be accepted....

Does anyone know when they "fill up" or how that works? They have such a late deadline you would think they would fill up quick. I just recently applied, I hope the seats aren't full already...

Hey guys I was reading on the Touro website that they are candidates to be accredited but aren't accredited yet. Does anyone know how that affects us if we attend the school?

The school has to graduate its first class in order to be accredited, (part of the process) this will happen this May/June. So by the time we start in July I'm thinking it should be good to go. Sent an email to Jenya on Fri w/ the same question. I'll let you all know when I get an answer. APTA should also have the update when it happens. From reading different postings on this forum there doesn't seem to be any issues w/ schools NOT getting accredited.

Also did anyone else notice the new tuition posted? The required computer is not listed. Also a question I asked.

Well I'm on the waitlist.... :/ Anyone else on there?

The school has to graduate its first class in order to be accredited, (part of the process) this will happen this May/June. So by the time we start in July I'm thinking it should be good to go. Sent an email to Jenya on Fri w/ the same question. I'll let you all know when I get an answer. APTA should also have the update when it happens. From reading different postings on this forum there doesn't seem to be any issues w/ schools NOT getting accredited.

Also did anyone else notice the new tuition posted? The required computer is not listed. Also a question I asked.

Yes I talked Jenya as well as Dr. Brown about the matter. The incoming class will be the 4th class at Touro. You don't come this far and not get accredited so that should not concern anyone.

I'm not sure about the laptop though. Let us know what she says please.

From what I've seen in this forum about tuition it seems like they raised the price. It is in the catalog. Comparing the tuition in the 2009-2010 catalog to the recent catalog it seems they've raised the tuition by more than $5,000. Anybody know a reason for this?

Last edited: