Touro University Nevada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The 2011-12 tuit is up from the 2010-11---w/o the computer cost. Looks like the new tuition increased about the same amt (1800) as the computer that was listed on the 10-11 tuition.

Members don't see this ad.

So does anybody know how much the tuition would be for the full 3 years?

Members don't see this ad :)
So does anybody know how much the tuition would be for the full 3 years?

I'm not sure but if its roughly 30 grand a year give or take a few grand and the 3rd semester usually isnt as much as the first two years because you are doing your clinicals, I'm going to estimate it at 90 grand or less? Don't quote me on that though. I'm actually praying it's that or less.

I received an e-mail from jenya saying that the total tuition would be around $81,000 for the 3 years

Does anybody know what the average rent would be per month around the school? I can't find any information on that.

vegas is cheap in general along with henderson. you can find apartments for $600 or you can get roommates which will be even cheaper.

$81,000 doesnt seem that bad. Aren't some California STATE schools like $64 grand? Of course there are always cheaper ones than that out there but at least it's not over $100 grand.

I just got invited to send in my supplemental application. Is that a good sign or does pretty much everyone get that? Do you think they are still letting many more people in?

TOM51-Good Luck. Don't know if "everone" gets the 2nd app, but you do have to qualify. So congrats! You can ask Jenya how many seats are filled.

Jenya did respond that the computer is still required and that the tuition is still being considered for the new entering class. (but see the links in previous post) Accr. should be in April.

Also look back on this thread think stopitmarcy posted some apt links, they are also on the Touro web site. I did visit one near campus abt 700 mo for a single +utilities. That was a "special" rate.

Hello all- I happened to be online and saw this thread. I am a current 1st year DPT student at Touro, so if you have any questions I would be happy to help!

Andrea

Members don't see this ad :)
How long did it take for them to send your secondary app after the PTCAS app was sent?
For those who applied this cycle

PTCAS was sent oct., returned the 2ndary by mid nov. Accepted around Thanksgiving. has some issues w/ email coming through from Touro to home email w/ the 2nd app, had to use my undergrad email account or it would have been faster.

NOELLELV thanks for the offer

ACECPT-good luck w/ the Midwestern interview. Could you PM later and let me know how it went? Thanks

Everyone: My parents are thinking about getting me a townhouse in the area 2B/2B that I could share / rent w/ a peer DPT student. Won't know if we are doing that until Early March.....(have an interview elsewhere-long shot) So I will keep you posted incase anyone wants to be a roomy. Would hope to have something by mid June.

Last edited:
NOELLELV,

I have a couple questions :D

1. Where do you live? Trying to find reasonable/affordable apts?

2. How do you like the program so far and how do you feel about it being not accredited yet ( I know this happens after the first class graduates)? My family is giving me the blues about that! :(

NOELLELV,

I have a couple questions :D

1. Where do you live? Trying to find reasonable/affordable apts?

2. How do you like the program so far and how do you feel about it being not accredited yet ( I know this happens after the first class graduates)? My family is giving me the blues about that! :(

I am from Las Vegas so I live across town (Jones/215) but my drive to school is only about 15 min since Touro is right off the 215. Most students rent apartments from Remington canyon, Villa serene or Timberlake (I know you get a discount at Remington not sure about the others). There are a ton of housing options and DO's, PA's and other PTs looking for roommates so I wouldn't stress about that.

The APTA accreditation commitee had their onsite visit a few weeks ago where they interviewed a group of students from each class and the faculty. Everybody has great things to say about the visit and the feedback so I am confident accreditation will happen here in the next couple of months, but of course I can't say with 100% certainty, however Dr. Brown has gotten many programs accredited. I'm not worried.:thumbup:

Some of you have written me private messages with questions and I will be replying asap with answers but for now I need to get back to studying Pharm and Neuro! :eek:

Has anyone on here been accepted and turned it down? I have a buddy who was told by Jenya that he is "high on the waitlist" and has a "good shot at getting in" so I was curious if anyone spots have opened up for those on the waitlist?

Also, I FAXED my supplemental application yesterday, has anyone else faxed theirs? If so, how quick was your response? I would think it would be faster since they get it right away...Thanks! Good luck to everyone!

ACECPT, I faxed my supplemental application in and it took about 3 weeks to hear that I was waitlisted. It probably just cuts down on mail time but I doubt they process faxed apps any faster than ones they receive by mail the same day... Good Luck!

So I am also on the waitlist and was told by Jenya that it is unranked and they probably won't rank it until April. Not sure if this info helps either of us...... :/

So I am also on the waitlist and was told by Jenya that it is unranked and they probably won't rank it until April. Not sure if this info helps either of us...... :/

What were your stats that got you on the waitlist if you don't mind me asking?

Also got an email today (exactly 2 weeks after I sent in supplemental apps) that I'm on the wait list for Touro NV. Jenya emailed that they will be ranking the wait list in May and will accept from the wait list then. I turned my apps for Touro in pretty late though (mid Jan), I hear its better to turn it in early before the class begins to fill.

FYI Received emailed today regarding Financial Aid process w/ attached Touro FA app.

Hey tiz10 and the rest of you that got wait listed would you mind posting your stats?

I have pretty lousy numbers, so I'm sure this will make everyone feel better....
GPA's (Per PTCAS):
Total: 2.88 (Undergrad 2.77/Post-Bacc. 3.5---don't be young and stupid, argh!!!)
Pre-Req: 3.17
GRE (new): V 158, Q 148, AW 4.0
Observation hours: approx 1200

It is soooooo hard to fix old mistakes with grades! Suckville!

Hey tiz10 and the rest of you that got wait listed would you mind posting your stats?
Undergrad Major: Economics, Spanish
Cumulative GPA: 3.36
Prereq GPA: 3.31
GRE: V 630 Q 740 4.0
Observation: 50 hours in 3 settings

This is a second career so getting observation hours has been a challenge while working full time.

Undergrad Major: Business Administration/Info Systems
Cumulative GPA: 2.88 :( (like Britten said it's so hard to fix old undergrad mistakes)
Prereq GPA: 3.61 (I'm banking on PT schools putting more weight on pre-req GPA)
GRE: V 157 (old: 560) Q 147 (old: 570-580) AW: 4.5
Observation: 150 (2 settings - ortho & acute hospital)

This is also a second career for me, I've been in the business world for years before deciding to go the PT route.

Last edited:
I heard today that the class is full. I'm still waiting to hear from Jenya regarding my status but I believe it's safe to assume waitlist...

Waitlist hopefuls keep your heads up! My friend was put on the waitlist about 3-4 weeks ago and found out today he was accepted! Good luck everyone!:)

I'm looking at apartments close to campus right now. If you are interested in a roommate PM me so we can talk further.

I was just wondering if anyone has received their welcome packet from Touro. Jenya said it would be in the mail by the end of March and I am impatiently waiting for it to arrive. Any news on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

I was just wondering if anyone has received their welcome packet from Touro. Jenya said it would be in the mail by the end of March and I am impatiently waiting for it to arrive. Any news on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

I actually just went there a couple of weeks ago and talked to her and asked her that same thing and she said instead there is going to be an email with instructions and stuff. She wasn't sure exactly when tho. Maybe they are still trying to figure out the cost of tuition and everything? Hopefully soon.

Nothing here either. Thanks Stopitmarcy ..... the tuition page keeps changing. My folks and I are heading up the weekend of April 13 to look at Townhomes. Unfortunately the campus will be closed.
When are you all going to apply for the Grad Loans? Time is moving so fast. Getting anxious and excited

Nothing here either. Thanks Stopitmarcy ..... the tuition page keeps changing. My folks and I are heading up the weekend of April 13 to look at Townhomes. Unfortunately the campus will be closed.
When are you all going to apply for the Grad Loans? Time is moving so fast. Getting anxious and excited

I might do it mid to late april? Because it said give it no more than 90 days to the start of our program right? Excited too guys but just take this time to live it up because your lives will soon be in a constant state of chaos =) I'm enjoying sleeping 10 hrs on my days off.

Does anyone else think the budget they have posted on the website for non-school costs (living expenses etc.) is ridiculous. $25,830 for room/board? Come on.

Does anyone else think the budget they have posted on the website for non-school costs (living expenses etc.) is ridiculous. $25,830 for room/board? Come on.

That budget is for someone who would be moving his/her family to Nevada with them (I called and asked about that before because I thought the same thing). I'm not taking out more than $40,000 in loans my first year.

Yes. It is very inflated, especially if you have a roommate, live close to campus and don't need transportation. I have a house with my boyfriend, we both have jobs and we didn't need that much each to live

Schools overestimate cost of living for your benefit. Student loans only allow you take out as much as the school costs. This way you are able to take out more if you need to. But like you have all said, you wont need that much.

So did anyone make a Facebook group so we can chat easier and make it easier to get things rolling on roommates? If not, do you guys want me to make one?

IlliniPT: sure go ahead and start a FB book page. I received the health info packet this week. Lots of shots needed. OUCH!!

Yes the COA is inflated for our benefit.....thinking of keeping my loans below the 40,000 mark also.
Anxious to get the email account set up and learn more about the payments, the class schedule and the vacations :)

Heading up this Fri to check out townhomes. Riz.....still interested? we will need to chat more.

Hey guys, there's already a facebook group made, so get on there.

Hey guys, there's already a facebook group made, so get on there.

Hey i deleted my fb last year. just made a new one for the soul purpose of conversing with everyone. can't find the touro page for 2015? do you have the link? thanks!

I looked too and there isn't one so I created a page TUN DPT Class of 2012. Send me a message so I can add everyone to the group.

I just found out I was accepted to Touro-NV. I am most likely going to accept but it depends on what job offer I get in Seattle, Washington...