Touro vs. UoP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

revo14

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted at Touro and currently waitlisted at UOP, my question is that is it worth it to wait a year and reapply and attend UOP!!!
I really want to stay in California due to family reasons. Please let me know if reapplying next year is a good idea or worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

I personally would not risk it and just go to Touro. If you really must stay in CA (or do you mean the bay area?), why did you apply to other schools?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m in the second quartile however movement has been slow this year and the admissions have told to wait. I have the option to accept / reject / defer touro.

Doesn't UOP guarantee acceptances for the next cycle if you were waitlisted this cycle? Do you know when they notify you of that?

They don’t guarantee it on paper, they told they will look at my application “first round” for next year but cannot guarantee anything.

Is that your only acceptance? If so, take it. No point in waiting another year to go to a school that's even more expensive.

I have been accepted at Touro and currently waitlisted at UOP, my question is that is it worth it to wait a year and reapply and attend UOP!!!
I really want to stay in California due to family reasons. Please let me know if reapplying next year is a good idea or worth it.

I mean you got into dental school and that is your main goal, right? IF your main goal is to stay in California then hopefully you've done something to improve your status as an applicant from the time you applied last year until now? IF staying in California is your main goal then reject Touro and just apply to all California schools this next cycle if you don't want to leave the state. Why apply out of state if you know you don't want to leave?

I'm was in similar situation. As much I'd love to stay in my home town and be close to my loved ones, I know going to school would be a step forward for me even if it meant going out of state. LOTS of people leave home and its not that bad :] If staying with your family is more important then take the L. No shame in choosing what matters to you. But remember that not everyone has the opportunity you have right now and there is no guarantee you'll have it later.

Going to Touro will result in graduating in 2022 for sure, waiting a year for UOP, you might get accepted and graduate at 2022 as well, but with more debt. UOP is a great school, TOURO is going to be a great school. It's only four years to move to the east coast. Plus, you don't want to have this GIANT red flag applying next cycle of not going to a school that accepted you, you will have to really give good answers on why you applied to a school you didn't want to go to and what did you do in order to improve your application during the year you "wasted" ...

Reactions: 2 users