TouroCOM Master's Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
thanks a lot!! congrats to you too! are you guys thinking of doing the anatomy course?? I think this is a good deal!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all!

I am working on putting together the FB group this weekend. It should be up and running by Wednesday afternoon. (I have a pharm exam Tuesday afternoon, so I can't promise it will be done by Tuesday). Please PM me any questions, concerns, ect that you would like answered. I will meet with Ms. Mercado, Dr. Prancan and other admin to get everything answered to the best of my ability and have all of the info available for you all on the FB page. Can't wait to meet all of you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any idea of how many spots are still left? Or how many people already got in? Same thing I guess.

Hmm I called yesterday and Mercado told me Dr Prancan is going through last batch of files, so I assume there won't be more spots left

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app

Very cool! Thanks for sharing...
Am I the only one who is still in limbo in terms of acceptance/rejection?
I've been complete for 2 months, no word, no rejection - nothing...I don't get it, I would think either they want you or they don't? Just curious if anyone else is still hanging...

^ give em a call.

and @the abc video, since when is 'more good' a phrase??

Acceptance wil be going out until the 2nd week in June. Ms. Mercado told me that I would receive a list of all the accepted when it is complete and they are still making decisions. I the problem is that they are still receiving applications. Each student that applies to the DO program that is rejected is automatically sent a Master's application. I think they are still reviewing those applications as well as others. Just hang in there and keep in touch with Ms. Mercado and Dr. Prancan.

Accepted and excited!
For everyone who's waiting to hear, I suggest calling Dr. Prancan. I couldn't reach him for 3 weeks so I called Lissette and asked if she could leave a message for him to call me back. He did, and then did the interview there and 2 days later, I got accepted. So don't give up hope and keep calling!
Also, those accepted, did you receive anything besides the next steps and anyone know anything about financial aid?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on your acceptance! I am in charge of setting up the mentor program at Touro and coordinating orientation events. I will be sending out a mass email as soon as Dr. Prancan has a finalized acceptance list. The email will inform you about how to join the FB group that I have created as well as informative information about events, financial aid, housing, ect here at Touro. Congratulations again! I look forward to meeting you!

For those who have been accepted - do they give you a two week window to accept/decline? I'm wondering why they wait two weeks after the application deadline to establish the final list...

So has anyone received any good news yesterday?

My application is complete!!! I'm waiting for a response but nothing so far. I emailed Dr. Prancan and no response, any suggestions?

Hello Everyone,

I applied back in March and I called their office yesterday. I was told that there are a lot of applicants and they are making sure everyone is given a fair chance. I was told that I should get a decision during the next two weeks. I hope sooner that later.

Still nothing - very confused/frustrated...anyone else hear?

Still nothing - very confused/frustrated...anyone else hear?
Wow i have never in my life been through such torture...both of my pregnancies and natural sans labor were never this painful...lol....
Anyway has anyone else called recently? Another student was told in person that Friday (today) was going to be the last day....sigh....

What?! They were told that today is the last day acceptances are going out, or the last day they were accepting application material?
Ugh. Almost wish I didn't read that.

Wow i have never in my life been through such torture...both of my pregnancies and natural sans labor were never this painful...lol....
Anyway has anyone else called recently? Another student was told in person that Friday (today) was going to be the last day....sigh....
Oops i meant labor sans epidural....

Hey all!

Please try to relax! I don't think everything is finalized yet. I would all wait it out until Monday and give Mrs. Mercado and Dr. Prancan a call. I will be there Monday for the "housing event" I will try to get over to the office and check up on the admissions status. Good Luck to those who are still waiting.

What?! They were told that today is the last day acceptances are going out, or the last day they were accepting application material?
Ugh. Almost wish I didn't read that.
Yeh I know...I apologize that you had to read that... but Dr. Prancan told the student in person that Friday was the last day for ALL of the acceptances but alas there is more to it than that and so the waiting game continues.....
On the flip side the fat lady has not sung yet so it isn't over yet, guys

Hey anyone out there hear anything...anyone???

Nope. Spoke with Lissette this AM, said they're reviewing the last batch of files...again.

Haha - I gotcha, feeling the same over here too. Let me know if you hear anything!

Does anyone have an idea of when we will be notified. I am getting tired of checking my email every few minutes.

Received acceptance email today. Really grateful that I got accepted !!!! But not matriculating. Goodluck to the rest of you

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app

Hey guys,

So if I haven't heard anything yet, does that mean I've been rejected? I called last week and they said they were reviewing my file on Friday morning and that I would hear something by early this week.

Hey guys,

So if I haven't heard anything yet, does that mean I've been rejected? I called last week and they said they were reviewing my file on Friday morning and that I would hear something by early this week.
Hey , after reading all of these posts i have realized that i am not the only one that has been given broken promises from this administration....and so i no longer take it personal. How many times have i been told that my app would be looked at a certain day and will be notified a certain day....sigh...
Do you have any other prgms as a backup? and no i dont think that u have been rejected but probably placed on a good old waiting list....
Clouds22 can you please weigh in on this?

I applied to a couple other programs and recently interviewed at one. Here's hoping something works out. Good luck to you!

Hey all!

I am so sorry no one has gotten back to you. All I know is that my personal email to the incoming class hasn't been sent out yet, which means the class is not finalized yet. I emailed Mrs. Mercado tonight, hopefully I hear back from her tomorrow and will let you guys know when the official final decisions will be made. Good luck to all of those who are still waiting. :(

Hey , after reading all of these posts i have realized that i am not the only one that has been given broken promises from this administration....and so i no longer take it personal. How many times have i been told that my app would be looked at a certain day and will be notified a certain day....sigh...
Do you have any other prgms as a backup? and no i dont think that u have been rejected but probably placed on a good old waiting list....
Clouds22 can you please weigh in on this?

Hey...probably pointless at this point, but thought I would check in to see if you've gotten any final word on the class yet...
Has anyone heard anything back in the last week or so?

I have not heard anything yet. Has anyone called to see what is going on?

I've tried calling a couple of times but no one picks up :/ A little worried and hopeless at this point

I've tried calling a couple of times but no one picks up :/ A little worried and hopeless at this point
Eweezy, jamburke,zee ree:

Have you guys interviewed and if so when?

So you're waiting to hear back after an interview, or you're still waiting to interview?

Bad news folks. just got my rejection letter. A little disappointed, I really wanted to get in Good luck to you all.

I still haven't received any notification of a possible interview. Granted, i applied late.

edit:...yeah, so i just got my rejection email this morning. Oh well!! I can't win them all.

Last edited:
Got a rejection yesterday.

On the bright side, I'm heading to tufts for their masters, so it worked out I guess.

Good luck guys.

Got a rejection yesterday.

On the bright side, I'm heading to tufts for their masters, so it worked out I guess.

Good luck guys.
Hey

Sorry about the rejection....Did you interview with tourocom masters pgm?

Good luck at tufts!! :)

I have yet to hear back from them. I've tried calling and emailing...nothing :/ I don't know what to expect because they did send out a round of rejection letters and I didn't get one.

Has everyone already received their decisions? If so, were you notified via email or snail mail?

So for the 2011-2012 program, how many got in? I think they had about 50-60 in the program, how many will matriculate to Touro NY DO school?

Hey Guys,
Did anyone get their financial aid package from Touro for the Masters Program? I sent my information in a while back and got an email showing my estimated award letter but i havent got the actual award letter yet. Is anyone else in this situation?
Thanks

Anyone out there in the Masters program looking for a room mate? If you're a female and looking, PM me. Trying to find a place in the upper east side (train ride away from Touro).

Thanks!