TouroCOM Master's Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
still waiting!! :( I am getting really nervous. I application was in mid march.

Members don't see this ad.

atleast you had a phone interview!! :) .. I haven't had a call or anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm still waiting too. my phone interview was last week, but I haven't heard anything since then
I was wondering if anyone who interviewed last week has heard anything?

Accepted!!!!!! For those who interview last week I think they are starting to draft letters, good luck to everyone, anyone know the process for financial aid? How long into the semester does a refund check take to get?

I received my acceptance email last night!! So happy and relieved!!:):D:cool:

Grats to the newly accepted so far!

I have yet to hear back, and I figured out why a few days ago...my app wasn't complete (missing a LOR from one of my writers...mysterious happenings). In any case, it's finished now for real, and now's when I can hope to hear back. Hopefully it's still not too late...just wish I could've learned of my problem sooner, but oh well *shrug*

Anyone looking for a roommate or know inexpensive nice places to live please pm me, I would really appreciate it.

Accepted!!!!!! For those who interview last week I think they are starting to draft letters, good luck to everyone, anyone know the process for financial aid? How long into the semester does a refund check take to get?
Congrats!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
FYI, I'm just finishing my 1st year as D.O. here and about 6 of the masters students were pulled up from masters directly into our class to replace those students who could not cut it. If you work hard you could shave a year off your stay in lovely Harlem.
-Dave OMS-1

FYI, I'm just finishing my 1st year as D.O. here and about 6 of the masters students were pulled up from masters directly into our class to replace those students who could not cut it. If you work hard you could shave a year off your stay in lovely Harlem.
-Dave OMS-1
Wow, that's awesome! Thanks

-Dave OMS-1
Excellent motivation! :thumbup:

Am I the only one who hasn't received a call or letter. Im getting so worried...I hope they don't reject me

Am I the only one who hasn't received a call or letter. Im getting so worried...I hope they don't reject me

I know how that feels :( When did you complete your application? I completed my application just last week because of processing issues, even though I had sent in everything around March. They said that the full application takes ~4 weeks to process fully (although it may be faster than that), so you still might have a chance! :luck:

I sent in my app 1.5 months ago, but they only got everything ~3 weeks ago and I called they said they have everything. Still no answer... So you're not the only one if that makes you feel better.

touro admin is lazy as ****. Seriously, who takes so much time getting back to applicants.

EDIT: anyways, i just called them and they picked up - must be my lucky day, its under review ... will here soon but they cannot give exact date. lets see what happens. Goodluck to you all

Anyone else that apply in February and not hear back yet?
I havent got an interview call or anything either
im getting kind of worried

I sent in my app on March 28 and got a call for an interview around 6pm this evening and an acceptance letter at 7pm.

I just got my acceptance letter like 8 minutes ago. I am so excited,and I lack words to describe how I feel right now

About how long does it take to hear back from them? My application was received last Thursday. My GPA is a 3.51 and my MCAT is a 25. I am so nervous, I really want to go here next year!!! Please let me know any information you can share, also feel free to personal message me.

About how long does it take to hear back from them? My application was received last Thursday. My GPA is a 3.51 and my MCAT is a 25. I am so nervous, I really want to go here next year!!! Please let me know any information you can share, also feel free to personal message me.
your credentials are great so you should be fine.

Odd question for those already accepted...for the phone interview, was it by landline or by cell phone? Thanks in advance :)

Eep, I meant...did they contact you using the home phone or the cell phone you gave in the app?
My cell phone. That's the only one I gave. But I think they'll most likely call you on your cell rather than your house phone.

Thanks a lot for explaining the program. this program sounds great. I was just recently accepted!!

Just wondering how do you currently study? I know each person has there own style but getting used to massive amounts of information will be challenging. Also are you familiar with the Touro Facebook group where you can find housing and connect with students? thanks

Just wondering how do you currently study? I know each person has there own style but getting used to massive amounts of information will be challenging. Also are you familiar with the Touro Facebook group where you can find housing and connect with students? thanks
Hey,
You can join the facebook group for the class of 2016 but the current masters student will be creating a facebook page just for us when thy're done with their big comprehensive final exam. there you'll get to talk to all of us. Also for housing, it all depends when you planning on moving to NY. I'm planning on moving there in July so it's too early for me to look for apartments because owners are not going to give me priority over someone who might want it for may or june. Apartments in the city opens up fast and they go out fast. A few brokers told me that a month before my moving date is when one should plan on committing to looking for apartments. I hope I helped.
feel free to ask questions. Oh the facebook group for the future first year is TOUROCOM-NY class of 2016

Its been 6 weeks since my application has be completed.. Still nothing :( Feels like everyone on sdn is getting acceptance call/email expect me :( :( COME ON TOURO CALL ME!!

Its been 6 weeks since my application has be completed.. Still nothing :( Feels like everyone on sdn is getting acceptance call/email expect me :( :( COME ON TOURO CALL ME!!
Try calling Dr. Prancan and ask about your application.

I can never get hold of him.. He never picks up his phone... It goes to sprint voicemail.

Hey all,

First of all congrats to those who got accepted. I just recently found out about this program and was interested in applying. Does anyone know if it's too late to apply. How many spots are still left? I don't get my MCAT score for another 2 weeks so would that really put me out of the game?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hey all,

First of all congrats to those who got accepted. I just recently found out about this program and was interested in applying. Does anyone know if it's too late to apply. How many spots are still left? I don't get my MCAT score for another 2 weeks so would that really put me out of the game?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
You can still apply. The deadline is in June. If I can remember I think it's June 1st. You should call and get your application in as soon as possible, before your MCAT score get in. When it does, you can send it to them. Good luck!

Don't worry I submitted my application in mid January and just recently found out last week. If you are worried call Ms. Mercado, she is very nice. Give it time even though I understand your anxiety.

To those of us still anxiously awaiting a call from Dr. Prancan...I spoke with Lissette today and she said that the class is ~half full (30 out of approx 60 spots left). I'm going crazy!