TouroCOM Master's Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just called and she picked up right away. I just received an interview invite with Touro-NV for March 18th, hopefully I get in but if not this masters looks like a good deal. I put my secondaries in late just last month so im not betting on getting accepted anywhere. My dad lives in Astoria so it wouldn't be too bad of a commute.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they call or email you for an interview? And when did you send in your application? I still haven't heard back from them.

They offered me a phone interview about 2 weeks ago which lasted 40 minutes or so. I actually put my application in in November, recommendations in January and was officially declared complete in February ... And I do t believe the started looking at applications until march so I think they're still kindve in the beginning stages of the application process if assume things would begin going at a faster pace soon enough , good luck to all still waiting and congrats to those accepted!

They offered me a phone interview about 2 weeks ago which lasted 40 minutes or so. I actually put my application in in November, recommendations in January and was officially declared complete in February ... And I do t believe the started looking at applications until march so I think they're still kindve in the beginning stages of the application process if assume things would begin going at a faster pace soon enough , good luck to all still waiting and congrats to those accepted!

Do you mind sharing your stats?

So i am a current master's student at Touro. The program is one year long and you are in class with the DO students. You will take most of the classes with them, they are in an additional 3 classes. All of my friends are first years pretty much.
If you maintain a 3.5 and pass the comprehensive test you are automatically into the program. but, yes, if the first years drop out/fail out they will pull up from the master's program. I am hoping to be in that boat this year. However, going on what normally happens, you will enter into the DO class the following fall semester.

any questions feel free to PM me
Have a few questions for you. Just sen a PM. Thanks for your help!

Just spoke to Lisette today. Faculty were on spring break for 2 weeks. They just started reviewing apps again. FYI for all still waiting like me.

BellaDo, so are you accepted into the program?

Does anyone know if we have to send in a deposit? If so, how much?

Did anyone get a skype interview scheduled instead of a phone interview?????

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I hope all is well.

Can anyone list some of the q's that were asked during the interviews. thanks.

I don't exactly remember all the questions but it was very relax. Of course the major one was tell me about yourself. The rest was directly related to my applications (education, work experiences, volunteer, etc). For me at the very end they did question my MCAT scores ask me why and if I was planning to retake it. Take in account my MCAT score is extremely low and I knew it was a long shot if I even get an interview. They did pointed out my strengths as well so don't think you are going have to defend yourself the entire interview.

In my opinion, don't over think the interview. Just be yourself and answer your questions truthfully. That's exactly what I did I pointed out my MCAT flaw and was truthful about why I got the score I did. They seem to appreciate that I was honest and not making excuses for it. If you have anymore questions feel free to message me.

Good luck!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Do you think this is still a good time to apply?

Hey anyone still waiting to hear back? Sent my app in on 3/4/13. Still waiting to hear back.

How low is an extremely low MCAT? Ive been complete since february but haven't hear anything. I told one of my friends about the program and he's already been accepted. Im wait listed at Touro-NV and I have my medical school application in at Touro-NY. I don't think they've looked at it yet. Not sure if thats why I haven't heard back from the masters. I have a 3.4 and a 25 on the mcat.

How low is an extremely low MCAT? Ive been complete since february but haven't hear anything. I told one of my friends about the program and he's already been accepted. Im wait listed at Touro-NV and I have my medical school application in at Touro-NY. I don't think they've looked at it yet. Not sure if thats why I haven't heard back from the masters. I have a 3.4 and a 25 on the mcat.

Did you hear back from Touro-NY DO program yet? Waitlisted or anything at all?

I emailed them about the status of my secondary but Issa Sow said the committee would email me once an interview decision has been made. Not sure if that means they haven't looked at my app yet. I submitted it in late january pretty late in the cycle. I was interviewed and wait-listed by Touro-NV already. My dad lives in queens and I grew up on Long Island so I feel Touro-NY would be a good fit. I already have a masters but think this one might not be a bad idea since it has a direct linkage. Either that or retaking the MCAT this summer.

I emailed them about the status of my secondary but Issa Sow said the committee would email me once an interview decision has been made. Not sure if that means they haven't looked at my app yet. I submitted it in late january pretty late in the cycle. I was interviewed and wait-listed by Touro-NV already. My dad lives in queens and I grew up on Long Island so I feel Touro-NY would be a good fit. I already have a masters but think this one might not be a bad idea since it has a direct linkage. Either that or retaking the MCAT this summer.

What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

~3,4 overall and science, strong upward trend (3.8 in my masters in medical science), MCAT 7 phs, 9 verb, 9 bio (25 overall). 200 volunteer hours at a cancer hospital 2 years working in a clinical microbiology lab, and a year working in a clinical molecular biology lab doing research. Shadowed an ID doc, pathologist and letter of rec. from a pediatric pulmonary D.O.. Im leaning towards taking an mcat prep course and studying for the mcat this time. I took it 2 years ago without any review. But I like this masters direct linkage.

I'm not from the area and was wondering if anyone had any suggests about where to live?

~3,4 overall and science, strong upward trend (3.8 in my masters in medical science), MCAT 7 phs, 9 verb, 9 bio (25 overall). 200 volunteer hours at a cancer hospital 2 years working in a clinical microbiology lab, and a year working in a clinical molecular biology lab doing research. Shadowed an ID doc, pathologist and letter of rec. from a pediatric pulmonary D.O.. Im leaning towards taking an mcat prep course and studying for the mcat this time. I took it 2 years ago without any review. But I like this masters direct linkage.

You seem solid for DO, I wonder why you didn't get any straight acceptances....

Just made an account to stress about the lack of communication... Master's Program (Touro-NY) application here, file was complete in February. When did people who were accepted have their files completed? =(

best shot is to call lissette. But she keeps telling me different times about when they're going to review my app.

I'm not from the area and was wondering if anyone had any suggests about where to live?
It's really too early to look for apt in NY. June-July is when you should be looking. But don't worry once everyone gets accepted and a list of the Masters student is complete, a Facebook group will be created and you guys will get information about housing. Also a list of some agents will be sent out to give you guys a start on apt hunting. For now just relax and enjoy the free time you have.

best shot is to call lissette. But she keeps telling me different times about when they're going to review my app.
The application for the Master's program is really slow. You just have to be patient and persistent. Last year people were still getting accepted 2 weeks before class started. Just keep calling and show interest.

I haven't been too pleased with the communication with this program. My MCAT prep course starts May 13. Ill give them until then to reply if not im withdrawing.

Hey guys,
I sent in my app mid February and heard back from them one week ago. did an interview this week. How many days after the interview did people get their acceptance or rejection letters?
Also just curious, who conducted the interviews?

So pissed arggg...I sent my app Feb 28th and then I requested my undergrad to send my transcript which was sent on March 1 and Interfolio sent my LORs then too. Last week Mrs. Mercado called me to tell me that my app is missing the LORs and my transcript :(
I am not complete yet :( so I send those two things again. Soooo maaaaad. Who knows if my app will ever get reviewed? Arggggg :mad:

So pissed arggg...I sent my app Feb 28th and then I requested my undergrad to send my transcript which was sent on March 1 and Interfolio sent my LORs then too. Last week Mrs. Mercado called me to tell me that my app is missing the LORs and my transcript :(
I am not complete yet :( so I send those two things again. Soooo maaaaad. Who knows if my app will ever get reviewed? Arggggg :mad:

That's terrible. She waiting until end of April (2 months after) to tell you this?!

Hey guys,
I sent in my app mid February and heard back from them one week ago. did an interview this week. How many days after the interview did people get their acceptance or rejection letters?
Also just curious, who conducted the interviews?

You didn't know who interviewed you? :rolleyes:

I submitted my application mid-March and have been calling Miss Mercado throughout the last few weeks to make sure they have received all my materials/etc. I am starting to get really anxious about hearing back. Does anyone know how long it takes them to start reviewing our applications/get back to us? I really hope to get into here but because I am an out-of-state, I don't know how high my chances are.:confused:

I submitted my application mid-March and have been calling Miss Mercado throughout the last few weeks to make sure they have received all my materials/etc. I am starting to get really anxious about hearing back. Does anyone know how long it takes them to start reviewing our applications/get back to us? I really hope to get into here but because I am an out-of-state, I don't know how high my chances are.:confused:
Hey, i'm actually in the Master's program now. It takes a long time for the to get back to you. The process is really slow. You just gotta keep calling and wait.

I submitted my application last week and received a call a couple of days later saying that my application will be going through an initial review...:eek:
Lucky you! :) I'm pulling my hair out

I submitted my application last week and received a call a couple of days later saying that my application will be going through an initial review...:eek:

Were you asked to fill out on of those pre-screening things by Lissette? I think the delay in some of our applications, especially those which were handed in early (like mine) has to do with the numbers. I have been told repeatedly that they will get to mine soon... I've also only been told things on the phone- never through e-mail.

Were you asked to fill out on of those pre-screening things by Lissette? I think the delay in some of our applications, especially those which were handed in early (like mine) has to do with the numbers. I have been told repeatedly that they will get to mine soon... I've also only been told things on the phone- never through e-mail.

Do you mind sharing your stats

Sent from my SGH-T989 using SDN Mobile

PS4:
Do you mind sharing your your stats?
You seem to have had an immediate response...they must like you:)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using SDN Mobile

Like me? I wish!. Maybe it's a lottery system lol
Hey Guys,
For those who are still waiting, I can try to ask Dr. Prancan how the process is going and how many spots are still available.

When is the deadline to submit the masters application?

Sent from my PG86100 using SDN Mobile

Does anybody know when the fall semester usually ends, and when the spring semester starts/ends?

Can you do that for us pleaseeeee? :)
Hi guys,
I tried asking about the progress of the application process, but unfortunately they couldn't tell me anything. I'm sorry. Just hang in there and keep calling until you speak to someone. Also don't be shy asking about the progress they've made in accepting students. You can also ask them how many students they've accepted so far. If you reach Lisette she is more likely to tell you how many students already got accepted.