Towson Au.D interview??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Enygma

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm wondering if it is proper to inquire about an interview which is a part of the admissions process to the Au.D program at Towson, or if they are going to invite and set up an interview date for me. All of my documents were submitted in November. and now it mid-late February, I called graduate admissions several times about my status and they told me everything was complete and that they are waiting on a decision from the department. Is it common for most Au.D programs to accept student to the program then interview them or vice-versa? I don't want to call about the interview if its improper and will hurt my chances by doing so. It would be great if anyone could give me some advice on this matter.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I applied to Towson as well and I have not heard back about an interview. However, I did submit my application the day of the deadline-- so I am assuming I am at the bottom of their list. Unfortunately there is not much we can do at this point but cross our fingers! Good luck!

I applied to Towson as well and I have not heard back about an interview. However, I did submit my application the day of the deadline-- so I am assuming I am at the bottom of their list. Unfortunately there is not much we can do at this point but cross our fingers! Good luck!
It makes me so anxious when I see people who have applied to other school and already have interviews set up or even better have been accepted! I know that Towson's deadline was Feb. 1 so they might have not reviewed or made any decisions until that deadline had passed. However what's confusing is that on the Towson Au.D webpage they have Interview dates up and only two dates are left March 8, 2013 and March 11, 2013.. I live out of state so I would like to hear something soon in order to start making arrangements.. You are right we have to just hold tight and keep our fingers crossed. Good Luck to you as Well!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied there last year and was contacted for an interview mid-March. It doesn't hurt to contact them. Good luck.

I have my Towson interview on Monday, and I have been told I will be interviewing with three different professors. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions? This is the first of my grad school interviews!

I would suggest thinking about/prepping answers for general questions...like why did you choose audiology? What have you done to express interest in the field? Why did you choose our program? Etc. Those were the kinds of things I was asked during my Wash U. interview and it was nice to at least think about what I wanted to say beforehand. Hope that helps! Best of luck!

Know basic technical things. Like on my interview they asked me "What is the difference between a conductive HL and a sensorinerual HL" -- very easy question, but when your not expecting it (like I wasn't) your answer doesn't come out as nice and composed as it should. Super embarrassing! So just prepare a little bit beyond the behavioral questions.

I forgot to respond and say thank you for the advice. The interview went pretty well I think. In my interview they didn't ask me any technical questions. They asked questions like biggest strength/weakness, why Towson, why audiology, how am I prepared for grad school? It was very back and forth. I feel like I learned more about their program than they learned about me. It was very informative. Now I have UNC at the end of the month, and then it'll be nice to sit back and wait for the news!