TPR AMCAS Strategy Guide

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LACMA

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Y'all

TPR called me today and said they'd offer all this application help for $1300. Is it worth it? They have an adcom review your personal statement and your work and activities twice and it comes with a booklet that has "Dos/Donts." Am I putting myself at a disadvantage by not paying for this service?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lolz definitely not worth it. SDN can help you way more for a whopping total of $0. Now if you really want to pay someone then I'd be willing to offer my services for only a fraction of $1300 ;) (jk)

Reactions: 1 user
$1300 would be better spent paying for applications, interview travel, and other things during the application cycle in my opinion. I would definitely have several people look over your personal statement and/or activities section (ex. English professor, med students if that's an option, physicians you may have worked with, etc.) so you can get a variety of perspectives, but I would not spend $1300 for a service. You could probably find the information you would find in their Dos/Don'ts booklet on SDN.