TPR bio vs. EK bio? Which is more "realistic"?

Started by unsung
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

unsung

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just started doing the EK 1001Qs for bio & it strikes me as so different from the TPR bio passages we did in prep class. TPR seemed waaay harder to me as their passages were so long and a lot of them involved complicated experiments, or experimental techniques I had no understanding of. EK seems more content-focused.

Which is more like the real deal? Should I be worried about passages involving lots of experimentation/interpreting experiments?
 
Though I haven't started working through either of them, what I have read on this board leads me to believe that TPR is more indicative of the actual test, while EK's bio 101 is meant more to solidify understanding of concepts than to provide an accurate representation of test questions.