TPR Cracking The MCAT???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Prodigy33

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it a good book to use?

Members don't see this ad.

Along with practice tests, this book is the only thing I used. I'll let you know in a couple weeks how well it worked

Members don't see this ad :)
Watch out for the errors though. Way too many of them.

There are errors in all of the books. Books are made by humans and edited by them as well. I was reading the correct answers in EK and they said C, and then in the answer explanation went on to say why B was correct. Or how about the Bohr ****, instead of the Bohr Shift.

I felt like TPR provided a good basis for what I needed to know. The practice problems and such were helpful, but you really also have to supplement the studying with something else. EK 1001 Qs has some great problems for you to test your knowledge, which I found helpful. Also, mix in practice tests. I found that I hated TPR practice online practice tests. I did one and about killed my computer when I noticed they don't tell me why I got problems wrong, only that they are wrong and which one is correct. That didn't really help me, so I purchased a bunch of the e-mcat tests since those will be what the actual MCAT is like and actually explain the correct answers.

OK, as promised, here is my impression of the book:

Scores: 13, 12, 10 = 35Q

Since the book is the only real study material I used, I'd say it worked out pretty well. The Physics section is pretty dull, but does have all the useful formulas. The General Chemistry section was one of the more helpful sections in my case. I can't really speak for the VR section since it's more about critical thinking than anything else, but I guess it's good as an introduction. The Biology section was great for me since I haven't taken a bio class in over a year. I wish I had spent a bit more time with it closer to the actual test, but I'm satisfied with how I did. The Organic Chemistry section seemed a little sparse, but I don't think it was missing anything important. I guess the last thing is the information about the writing samples, but it's definitely a throwaway section. It does give you an idea of what the scorers are looking for though. Overall, I'd say it's a great tool to start studying with.

OK, as promised, here is my impression of the book:

Scores: 13, 12, 10 = 35Q

Since the book is the only real study material I used, I'd say it worked out pretty well. The Physics section is pretty dull, but does have all the useful formulas. The General Chemistry section was one of the more helpful sections in my case. I can't really speak for the VR section since it's more about critical thinking than anything else, but I guess it's good as an introduction. The Biology section was great for me since I haven't taken a bio class in over a year. I wish I had spent a bit more time with it closer to the actual test, but I'm satisfied with how I did. The Organic Chemistry section seemed a little sparse, but I don't think it was missing anything important. I guess the last thing is the information about the writing samples, but it's definitely a throwaway section. It does give you an idea of what the scorers are looking for though. Overall, I'd say it's a great tool to start studying with.

Thanks!!