Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

TPR... More difficult than Kaplan, AAMC, and actual MCAT?!

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by hkmedbound, May 25, 2008.

1. hkmedbound

hkmedbound severe case of MCAT'itis 2+ Year Member

May 17, 2008
    Hi All,

Just finished a TPR practice test and found that my scores went down quite significantly compared to my AAMC and Kaplan full length scores (I have been socring between 11 and 13 on all PS sections, and pulled off an 8 this morning! :(). Has anyone else found that their TPR scores are not indicative of their other FL score??

Kind of anxiety provoking considering I have only 6 days left!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. hoodz

hoodz 10+ Year Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I've heard TPR is really difficult, but be aware that Kaplan has a nice curve. AAMC is your best indicator, from what I've read on these forums.
  4. iA-MD2013

iA-MD2013 Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Feb 17, 2008
    TPR is hard! So, yes, don't worry about your scores.
  5. tessa108

tessa108 2+ Year Member

May 20, 2008
    I did pretty poorly on some of the TPR online exams that came with the book - especially the physical sciences, which were far more convoluted and time consuming than other practices I took or the real thing. I found the TPR tests helpful in just getting used to the online format and thinking about the material, but they definitely weren't the best indicator.
  6. hkmedbound

hkmedbound severe case of MCAT'itis 2+ Year Member

May 17, 2008
    Perfect. Thank you. It was more of a time issue forsure...
  7. herewego

herewego 7+ Year Member

Mar 27, 2008
    that is soo good to know...i scored a 13 on my latest PS AAMC and then I do some TPR PS and get my ass handed to me..
  8. Deepa100

Deepa100 Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Aug 24, 2006
    BS is pretty easy w/ TPR.