TPR science workbook VS. EK 1001 series.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2DEG

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am prepping for May or June MCAT. I took MCAT once and got 27. This time I really gotta do well - I am taking 2008 as my last chance for med school. If '08 doesn't work out for me, I guess I will be heart broken. But I hope I won't have 'broken heart syndrome'. Sorry, I am digressing.

I am mainly using TPR books for review. Beginning tomorrow, I plan to start doing more problems and less review. I think TPR science workbook is a good way to practice and make sure you know your stuff well. It has a combo of stand alone questions and passage types.
EK 1001 series, however, starts from ground zero (really easy) to more difficult. My thought on that was that TPR science workbook would be more useful. Maybe on certain topics, I can consult 1001 series.

I will get the AAMC exams after I am done with TPR workbook.

I wanted to know what you guys thought on that. Help me get 30+ score.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I agree with gujuDoc.

The 1001 series (with the exception of biology) should be utilized for concept reinforcement more than MCAT question style practice. PR's Science Workbook is much better for this. Also, Kaplan's QBank is very popular.

The EK 101 Verbal passages are also very good.

I agree with gujuDoc.

The 1001 series (with the exception of biology) should be utilized for concept reinforcement more than MCAT question style practice. PR's Science Workbook is much better for this. Also, Kaplan's QBank is very popular.

The EK 101 Verbal passages are also very good.

Thanks gujudoc and booji. I cannot say enough good things about TPR science workbook. When I took MCAT - couple of years ago, I took one full week off from work and I just went through the science workbook as much as I could. I swear, I think that was the biggest help.

So..in conclusion of this thread, I think the consensus is..

Use TPR review books if you have time and/or need a little detail review.
Use EK review books to do quick review (perhaps when reviewing for the second time)
Extensively use TPR science workbook
Use 1001 EK biology book
Use EK verbal review.

That's the recipe for 45T. Send me money now.

S.

Members don't see this ad :)
BUMP.. Anyone else have any opinions. Do you guys agree that TPR science workbook is a better resourse than EK 1001 physics and chem? Thank you!

agreed. tpr helps you learn how to 'see the forest for the trees' by putting the information in passages like you're gonna see on the mcat instead of just giving you the info you need for one question like ek.

I bought the science wkbk shortly before my last mcat and feel as tho ill use it almost exclusively for PS practice. EK verbal and bio are great.