TPR Test 2 Woes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrCurious

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just got my grades back for the second test, and wow, there was absolutely no improvement, in fact I went down a point (21 to 20). Kind of frustrating actually since I have been busting my butt with the work.
Is there not suppose to be an improvement come second test? Or do I just suck at this test?
Please help!

Members don't see this ad.

DrCurious said:
So I just got my grades back for the second test, and wow, there was absolutely no improvement, in fact I went down a point (21 to 20). Kind of frustrating actually since I have been busting my butt with the work.
Is there not suppose to be an improvement come second test? Or do I just suck at this test?
Please help!

Hi, the TPR test is much difficult than the actual MCAT and you should see improvement once you start doing the AAMC exams.

DrCurious,

I am also in the TPR class, and we took our 2nd test on Sat. I had a miserable score the first time around, and I went up 2 points on this second test. My score is still really bad, especially compared to SDN standards.

I wouldn't worry too much about it (I know easier said than done). My PR teachers said that most students don't improve on the 2nd test and that many people actually go down in points.

I thought that the verbal was horrible on the 2nd diag. I was only able to do 6 1/2 passages, and I had to fill in D for the rest :(

Keep hitting the books, and good luck!!!

Thanks for the advice/input guys, right now im totally depressed. Hope it turns out for the best for all of us.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Dr Curious,

On a more positive note, according to our instructors none of the people in our 2 large classes went up from TPR 4911 to TPR 4921, with most people going down at least 1 point. I stayed at the same score. Most people agree that 4921 was as difficult or more difficult than 4911. I went up 10 points from 4921 to 4931. Just keep studying and you should improve for 4931!

I'm in the same boat. Just saw my score and I just went down a point. I think 4921 is meant to tell you to get your a#@ in gear.

Thats great to hear, because right now im scared beyond understanding. Is 4931 suppose to be easy or something, or just more representative of an actual MCAT?

I have heard that the 4931 is easier than the first two but still a little more difficult than the AAMC series. Apparently, people on average jump up another 3-5 points when they start the AAMC series. I certainly hope this is the case as I'm freaking out over this whole MCAT ordeal too! Good luck to all of you

I went down 2 points on the second test from BS 10 PS 8 VR 8 (26) to BS 8 PS 6 VR 10 (24). oh well, at least I imporved in verbal. Physics is the bane of my exsistence!

wow, u got 10 for vr on 4921? Hmm I did really bad on it. U shouldn't be complaining.

Every one of my instructors said that it is normal to go down 2 to 3 points. You are trying out new techniques that may slow you down a bit at first. I went up 3 points, but 2 of them were in the only area that that is all I could really do. I went up one in biology, which I am strong in to begin with so the refresher gave me an extra. However, the one area that I have been busting my butt, I did not change at all.... ugghhh. But I think I actually am... but I was trying something new.

I have also heard from all of my instructors and those that have taken the MCAT that the real thing is easier than the PR diagnostics. We have been told that you should see your biggest jump on your fourth exam which is an old MCAT. Hmmm, hope so.

:cool: