TPR test differences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jhg1232

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone know the reason for the difference in naming for the TPR practice tests?
5 "course tests"
3 "complete tests"
1 "demo" test
2 "review" tests

Members don't see this ad.

If you enroll in a TPR online course then you get access to all 11 of their exams, whereas, if you don't have online access you most likely have access to either the review or complete exams through acquiring their complete set at a book store. I've taken a number of their exams already, and from what I've seen, the TPR course tests tend to get a little easier as you go along. From what I've heard from friends and have seen on the SDN community, the TPR demo exam and the review exams are a little on the harder side, while the complete tests with the exception of three are somewhat on par with taking course tests 4 & 5 in terms of difficulty. hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 user
If you enroll in a TPR online course then you get access to all 11 of their exams, whereas, if you don't have online access you most likely have access to either the review or complete exams through acquiring their complete set at a book store. I've taken a number of their exams already, and from what I've seen, the TPR course tests tend to get a little easier as you go along. From what I've heard from friends and have seen on the SDN community, the TPR demo exam and the review exams are a little on the harder side, while the complete tests with the exception of three are somewhat on par with taking course tests 4 & 5 in terms of difficulty. hope this helps!

The consensus seems to be that TPR FLs are more difficult than the real MCAT. In your experience and knowledge, how does TPR complete test 1 & 2 compare to the real MCAT? What about 3, 4, & 5?

Members don't see this ad :)
The consensus seems to be that TPR FLs are more difficult than the real MCAT. In your experience and knowledge, how does TPR complete test 1 & 2 compare to the real MCAT? What about 3, 4, & 5?

I take the real thing on Aug 22nd, but so Far my scores on TPR exams are as follows:

TPR course 1: 501
TPR course 2: 506
TPR course 3: 502
TPR course 4: 510
TPR course 5: 511
TPR complete 2: 508

I plan on taking complete 1 this weekend, but honestly I feel like none of the company FLs are really a solid indicator of how well you'll do on the real thing. Your best bet is to keep crushing exams and take the AAMC full length to get a better gauge of where you stand. That being said, I feel like the consensus on TPR exams is kinda all over the place. I've had friends who've scored just a little bit higher than their TPR average, and I've seen people on SDN claiming to score way higher, making like 10-15 point jumps, so it's really hard to tell.

Last edited:
Where do you get the complete tests from? I have the demo and the two review from the books

My average on 5 TPR Course tests and 1 TPR Complete test was a 497 (last 3 being around ~499-500). Took Official Guide this past Monday and got what a 505 (28 on the old scale) would be on mcatjelly's scale. It felt a lot more straightforward and easier to understand for the most part. I honestly went over my "half length" Official Guide and felt I could have gotten 75% right instead of 69-70% overall which would put me around my goal of 506-508.

I really hope that the real MCAT is easier than TPR Fls. The following shows my progress:

TPR Complete Test 1: 503
TPR Complete Test 2: 503
AAMC Practice Test 2015: 509
TPR Complete Test 3: 502

I plan to take 4 more FLs before my August 6 test date. My goal is also 506-508.

I really hope that the real MCAT is easier than TPR Fls. The following shows my progress:

TPR Complete Test 1: 503
TPR Complete Test 2: 503
AAMC Practice Test 2015: 509
TPR Complete Test 3: 502

I plan to take 4 more FLs before my August 6 test date. My goal is also 506-508.

I'll stop you right there. That 509ish on the AAMC FL is already a good sign! Definitely don't worry about your TPR scores that much, they're not really representative at all. People usually score around their AAMC FL or maybe even higher granted they perform on the actual thing.

Reactions: 1 user