TPR Verbal WB Practice Test 1 Passage II

Started by dartmed
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dartmed

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok, I just took practice test 1 from TPR Verbal Workbook and got a 27/30 ---> 8 or a 9. There is one passage that still does not make any sense to me at all. It's passage 2 on volitional consciousness. WTH? Is this for real??? I missed ALL 7 questions on this passage...which is really preventing me from my goal of 10. Ahhh!! Anyone else had the same issue? What are your thoughts on this passage?
 
I thought the passages were all a little ridiculous, especially the second one. If I saw that on the real deal I would have voided. Unfortunately, I got a 33/40 (I'm only doing 40 at a time) so my gut is a bit misleading.
 
Ok, I just took practice test 1 from TPR Verbal Workbook and got a 27/30 ---> 8 or a 9. There is one passage that still does not make any sense to me at all. It's passage 2 on volitional consciousness. WTH? Is this for real??? I missed ALL 7 questions on this passage...which is really preventing me from my goal of 10. Ahhh!! Anyone else had the same issue? What are your thoughts on this passage?

Wow, really happy to see I'm not in this boat alone. I just took the first two passages from exam 1 and got 4/4 on the first passage and 2/7 on the second. Also, I found the last 5-10 practice passages to be much more difficult as well. Up until then I was scoring consistently in the 10 range for TPRH and could tell I was improving. I don't think I'm going to put too much stock into these most recent passages. Maybe TPR conciously made them more difficult.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow, really happy to see I'm not in this boat alone. I just took the first two passages from exam 1 and got 4/4 on the first passage and 2/7 on the second. Also, I found the last 5-10 practice passages to be much more difficult as well. Up until then I was scoring consistently in the 10 range for TPRH and could tell I was improving. I don't think I'm going to put too much stock into these most recent passages. Maybe TPR conciously made them more difficult.

So, I took the MCAT already, so here's what I learned. TPR Verbal worbook is a good indicator or how you will perform on the real deal I think (at least it was true for AAMCs). The passages were a little easier on the real deal. I am hoping for an 8 or above. If I have to retake, it's probably going to be because of verbal. Good luck!
 
So, I took the MCAT already, so here's what I learned. TPR Verbal worbook is a good indicator or how you will perform on the real deal I think (at least it was true for AAMCs). The passages were a little easier on the real deal. I am hoping for an 8 or above. If I have to retake, it's probably going to be because of verbal. Good luck!

I feel like the practice passages in TPRH verbal are easier than the practice exams, but maybe that's just me. Having said that, I think the practice passages are easier than EK101. I haven't done AAMC yet, but I feel that I could break 10 if how I've done recently means anything.