TPRH Bio over-kill?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinkcadillac

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been using EK Biology for content review and I like it a lot but others have suggested TPRH Bio for content review so I picked it up as well. I feel like I understand the concepts well from EK Bio but I'm falling asleep reading TPR and it is taking me a long time to go through it because it goes super into detail. Is all that detail necessary? Or would I better off just using EK Bio for content but doing tons of practice Bio practice passages?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
IMO, TPRH is more for relearning concepts and details you may not have grasped or understood the first time you learned the material. EK Bio is a much more condensed review. I took the TPRH class/have the review book, so I know how you feel about it being a lot to go through. What I've been doing is skimming through TPRH to make sure I'm not leaving anything out, and then reading EK. The TPR workbook is pretty good and see if you can get the EK 1001 questions.

Also, I would recommend going through the Content Outlines from the AAMC's website:
(they're in the upper right hand corner and are PDF files)
http://aamc.org/students/mcat/preparing/creatingstudyplan.htm

Last edited: