TPRH science passages vs. TBR science passages

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

house2272000

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Hope you are having an exciting time studying. Which book do you think has science passages closer to the real MCAT: TBR or TPRH? How much time should I spend on each science passage. I usually time my self and finish in 8:30 mins.

Members don't see this ad.

Are the "Advanced Passages" in the TPR Science Workbook more similar to the MCAT passages than the normal passages in the workbook?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you everyone, I will try to work out of both TPR and BR. I have finished my content review. All I am doing now is re-reviewing concepts and practice, practice, practice.

I'm also in a similar position to the OP. I'm at my practice stage and there just isn't enough time to do both TPR and TBR passages.

My plan was do as many TBR passages as I can for gen. chem, physics, and ochem and then do all of the TPR science workbook passages for Bio (I don't have TBR bio) and continue doing EK101 for verbal

anybody else that has experience with both company's problems compared to the real deal, comments would be much appreciated!

My exam today was very similar to TPR science workbook.

Did you find this true for both bio and physical sciences passages? I'm a retaker and took the MCAT last August. The TPRH bio passages are indeed similar to the MCAT I took - a lot are experiment-based. But I can't gauge the same for physical sciences and verbal.

Did you find this true for both bio and physical sciences passages? I'm a retaker and took the MCAT last August. The TPRH bio passages are indeed similar to the MCAT I took - a lot are experiment-based. But I can't gauge the same for physical sciences and verbal.

I have been doing only bio passages from the science workbook since i dont have much trouble with the PS section. But my mcat yesterday had some

similarities in the PS section to the AAMC practice test except for that one passage that felt more like a kaplan test.( That was the hardest passage

yesterday in the PS section). Im sure the Physics and Chemistry passages especially the advanced ones from the science workbook will be more than

enough practice to get you ready for whatever you might see on test day.:luck: