Tracking Clinical Hours on Excel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mew091091091091

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have an excel template that they use to track clinical hours? 1st year phd student and would rather use excel than time2track or mypsychtrack. Let me know if you have anything that you use.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I tracked in excel all throughout graduate school and, in hindsight, regret it. It was a real pain to transfer all that info into time2track, which I found was almost necessary for internship applications (it does a lot of handy things like break your hours down into location, adult/child patients, supervision, etc.). There were also a lot of things I didn't think to track (like my client's ethnicity and support hours) that you end up getting ask in the APPIC application for internship. It's just a ton of info to track in excel and the summaries time2track will give you will be worth the pretty reasonable yearly cost.

I used an excel spreadsheet and it worked wonderfully. As long as you have it broken up appropriately, and have all of the information you need in it, it was easy to impute. Sorry though, I didn't keep a copy of it around to share.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did the same as WN. I had no trouble with it later in putting everything in the APPI. Just don't fall behind on it.

I just made a habit of updating it every week at a certain time. As long as you have all of the cells labeled as you need them for AAPI, not a problem at all.

our clinic director had an excel template that most people used.

Ask your DCT or clinic director.