• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Tracking Research Hours during the Quarantine

toofastdan

I like libraries
2+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2019
Installation 07
  1. Pre-Medical
Like most, I was not able to go to lab for 3 months during the quarantine. Currently it sounds like I'll be going back to lab soon, which is good for tracking hours. However, I'm unsure what to say when it comes to research hours during the quarantine. I'm taking some gap years and I usually work full time in a wet-lab, but this obviously changed. I still got work done from home, including some bioinformatic analysis, made a virtual poster, presented at journal clubs, and most importantly I planned for a new project. Realistically, I estimate I worked ~30 hours a week from home.

Would it be ok to include these hours for research experience? I want to state that I was still somewhat productive during this time. Do the activities listed above count as research experience?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.