tradition floss vs. flossers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

syn_apse

Registered Loser
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i like to use those little flossers instead of traditional floss. e.g., these thingys

are these just as good or should i go back to the tape? i don't think they are ADA approved so i thought i'd ask the real experts ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
They will do more or less the same job, they are easier to use, that's the only advantage, so they are a good alternative for anybody who might find it hard to use a regular floss.

syn_apse said:
i like to use those little flossers instead of traditional floss. e.g., these thingys

are these just as good or should i go back to the tape? i don't think they are ADA approved so i thought i'd ask the real experts ;)

ever since getting the flossers i have flossed a lot more regularly because its so easy - so if you ask me they work even better than traditional floss just cause people are more likely to actually use them

Members don't see this ad :)
i got one of those cheapy flossers, it seems to do the job and like everybody else said, it's easy to use.

the more people floss the better their teeth and gums will be.

thanks everybody, i just want to fit in :cool:

Do you use only one of these per "floss", ie) all your teeth. Or do you use more than one? Aren't you supposed to use a new section of floss each time?

I plan on giving out a handful of the flossers to all my patients in hopes that once they try them they'll be hooked like i was :)

syn_apse said:

i have to say that i really didn't like them.. i actually like flossing if i have the time, but those flossy thingies were kinda of awkard to put in some places and it just felt uncomfortable.

Biogirl361 said:
I plan on giving out a handful of the flossers to all my patients in hopes that once they try them they'll be hooked like i was :)

That's slick: just give 'em enough of the good stuff to get them addicted.

syn_apse said:

I'm a law student (who is thinking of switching to dental school), but I use a flosser. It's the same one my dentist gave me sometime when I was in high school. It's probably about 8 years old now.

I prefer traditional floss, but to each his / her own.

The best floss for you is the one you are more comfortable with and more likely to use. Just like toothpastes... the better they taste.. the more often you will use them, statistically speaking.