Traffic ticket with court supervision, thoughts?

Started by Anon1212
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Anon1212

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,

I was charged (not arrested) with a misdemeanor for speeding 20-25 over the speed limit on a highway. I went to court and my lawyer helped reduce the charge to a standard traffic ticket as long as I satisfy the rules of court supervision (e.g., don't get another speeding ticket for several months and finish a traffic safety class by August). I completed the driving class and my supervision period ends next month, after which the case will be closed and nothing will appear on my criminal or driving records.

Is this something I need to disclose on secondaries that ask if I have any criminal charges pending against me? Money is extremely tight and I don't have 150 dollars to run a certiphi on myself at this time.

Thanks.
 
You should always disclose even if the case is expunged. Most of the time it's not about severity it's about honesty. When you're filling out secondaries, read the questions regarding "were you arrested" or "have you ever been charged" and answer truthfully.
 
Just disclose it anyway. In all honesty, especially over a near-redacted speeding ticket, committees aren't going to give a damn.