Transcript Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tigereye51

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have a quick question about sending in transcripts. I'm in a weird predicament, since I was just reminded that when I was in high school I did this thing through Fairleigh Dickinson University called the Middle College Program, where I basically just paid to get credits for an AP class that I was taking. I go to Rutgers University now, and completely forgot about paying for the credits ever. I never used or transferred them to Rutgers, and on my transcript I have credit from Rutgers that they gave me for the same AP class, so I was wondering if I would have to list Fairleigh Dickinson as one of my "colleges attended" and send in a transcript from there. It seems like that would be pointless (and I don't even know if I even have a transcript in their system), but I really don't want to not send one in and have my verification messed up down the road. What do you guys think?

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

I would contact FD and see if you are in their system. If you are, I'd send it just to be safe.
I figured I'd do that and also contact VMCAS and see what they say, I was just curious what you guys thought because I would like to avoid paying to send a transcript from a school I never even went to. Thanks for responding!

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess I'm a little confused because it sounds like you got credits for the same class twice, but they're only on your transcript once because Rutgers gave you credit for the class itself, not for whatever FD did with the same course.

Still leaning toward better safe than sorry sending the extra transcript if it exists (it's not that expensive to send 1 transcript), but it's a weird situation.

I guess I'm a little confused because it sounds like you got credits for the same class twice, but they're only on your transcript once because Rutgers gave you credit for the class itself, not for whatever FD did with the same course.

Still leaning toward better safe than sorry sending the extra transcript if it exists (it's not that expensive to send 1 transcript), but it's a weird situation.
Yea that's the situation, nothing from FD is on my Rutgers transcript. Rutgers gave me credit for the AP class, so there was no point in transferring credit from another university when Rutgers was already giving it to me. I really don't have a problem sending another transcript, it is just a weird situation so I'm trying to figure out the right way to handle it. Thanks for the help!

Yea that's the situation, nothing from FD is on my Rutgers transcript. Rutgers gave me credit for the AP class, so there was no point in transferring credit from another university when Rutgers was already giving it to me. I really don't have a problem sending another transcript, it is just a weird situation so I'm trying to figure out the right way to handle it. Thanks for the help!
I would still check but it sounds like you wouldn't need to send the other transcript. For example, I took AP and IB classes in high school, and my undergrad gave me credit for some of them. Since this was documented on my undergrad transcript, I didn't need to send my high school transcript showing which classes I took.