Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Transcript submission after AMCAS submission

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ]' started by Jabbed, 05.13.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Jabbed

Jabbed 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    So I've completed my undergraduate degree and already submitted that transcript to AMCAS. I am now enrolling in a Biochemistry course at ANOTHER undergraduate institution. How do I go about submitting this transcript? Do I submit a "blank" transcript now or wait until I have the credit before submission? The course is May-August so it's obviously not possible for me to wait until I've taken the course to submit my primary.

Also, do I register this second college on my AMCAS primary?

EDIT: Nvm, managed to speak with an AMCAS rep. If anyone's in a similar situation: indicate the secondary institution on your schools list but mark "No Transcript Required" with the reason being "Current (spring, summer, fall) or upcoming (spring, summer) coursework, no previous enrollment at this school.". You then have to send out the transcript to schools individually after you've completed the course.

Last edited: 05.13.14
    Catalystik likes this.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.

About the ads