Transcripts Received by AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PDsquash83

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Where on the AMCAS website can you see the transcripts that have been received?

Ideas?

-Rock

Members don't see this ad.

PDsquash83 said:
Hello,

Where on the AMCAS website can you see the transcripts that have been received?

Ideas?

-Rock
you will get an e-mail when they are received. you can also check by going to the main menu on your AMCAS app. on the left hand side it should say "Status: Not Submitted to AMCAS." click on the "Details" button underneath. that will tell you the status of each of your transcript requests.

scentimint said:
you will get an e-mail when they are received. you can also check by going to the main menu on your AMCAS app. on the left hand side it should say "Status: Not Submitted to AMCAS." click on the "Details" button underneath. that will tell you the status of each of your transcript requests.

careful with the emails if you have more than one transcript from the same institution, IE if you have a transcript for both grad and undergrad work that need to go out separately. You need to be sure and check the AMCAS website for conformation

Last year in the fall I sent out 3 transcripts, two of which were from the same state school, just different locals (UMass Amherst and Worcester). I received email conformation from AMCAS on two transcripts (Umass Amherst, dated the 11th and a different school) a couple of days latter I received another conformation saying that they had received my transcript from UMass dated the 14th. I assumed this was my UMass Worcester transcript. HA!

Regardless of who was at fault, they had not received my UMass Worcester transcript; furthermore they did not tell me this until several deadlines had passed. In my discussion with them I asked about the two confirmations and the two different dates on the letters, I was told that it must be a glitch, and that they only have one transcript from UMass Amherst.

So, I had to get a certified notarized stamped letter from UMass Worcester saying that they had sent in my transcript well within the time allotted. I had to ask schools to REQUEST my app from AMCAS, 3 (including UMass Worcester :) did request it) many said they were sorry but that it wasn't possible.

Of those three, 2 had problems keeping me in there computer system. after enquires as to my secondary, I ended up getting phone calls and emails on the due date of the secondary saying they were sorry somehow It must have slipped, but could I finish it that day!

In the end, I had only one really well put together application out there, and two that were rushed, but not too bad

After all that UMass my #1, was delayed for an additional period of time so that they could confirm my residency with 5 years of tax filings that puts us into February I believe.

Well I got an interview at UMass in April, and got waitlisted a few weeks ago.

The moral of my story is, be paranoid, be very very paranoid, apply early and bug AMCAS every day.

Never under any circumstances trust emails from AMCAS, and for god sakes don't be like me, expecting things to run smoothly, not triple checking and basically screwing yourself.

If I don't get of the waitlist next week I'm going to start reapplying hopefully an earlier app & more schools will make my next time around a pleasant one.