Transcripts requirements for application procedure. Please advise

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kaaaksam

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

Has anyone recently gone through the application/admission procedure?
Some schools have the requirement for the original transcripts to be sent directly from THE school, or original transcripts that are in my possession to be sent directly to the program? I am confused. I graduated 13 years ago and all my files were probably moved to archives...

Whoever has clarification on that behalf please help

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Members don't see this ad.

I've had transcripts send to myself directly from my school inside sealed and stamped envelops. I graduated quite far back, and I have classmates that graduated about 15~20 years ago.

Try to contact the office of registrar (or equivalent) to figure it out.

I've had transcripts send to myself directly from my school inside sealed and stamped envelops. I graduated quite far back, and I have classmates that graduated about 15~20 years ago.

Try to contact the office of registrar (or equivalent) to figure it out.
Thanks so much for your reply.
I tried to call already.
I've been told that most likely in person request is necessary since everything is in archives and it will take some time to prepare it.
Russia has its uniqueness of not being helpful (

So, as far as I understand there is such a requirement from some schools for the transcripts to be sent directly from the original school?

Members don't see this ad :)
I tried to call already.
I've been told that most likely in person request is necessary since everything is in archives and it will take some time to prepare it.

So, as far as I understand there is such a requirement from some schools for the transcripts to be sent directly from the original school?

Yes, unfortunately there is such a thing... I'm not sure which schools, or why they ask for it that way.

I tried to call already.

I need one too and dread to even start. I sent an e-mail to Northern state university in Archangelsk, they gave a phone number to call. I am afraid I will have to find some old friends to go there and do it in person. Even if they send a transcript, who will put a translation inside or pay for the international letter. I bet it will get lost too

Loma Linda, UCSF, UTHSCSA, Nova, they all ask for transcripts directly from school. USC asks original sealed transcripts. I guess there are few others who request this.

I need one too and dread to even start. I sent an e-mail to Northern state university in Archangelsk, they gave a phone number to call. I am afraid I will have to find some old friends to go there and do it in person. Even if they send a transcript, who will put a translation inside or pay for the international letter. I bet it will get lost too
I asked a friend of mine to do it. Administrative personnel in Dean's office mentioned that they don't have such a procedure and will need an actual student to ask Dean to do it, but also mentioned that nobody going to sign any English document, not to mention that they will not translate it themselves and so on....(
Whoever is from Russia will understand what I mean.
Any suggestions will be appreciated though...
Thanks to all who will reply

I asked a friend of mine to do it. Administrative personnel in Dean's office mentioned that they don't have such a procedure and will need an actual student to ask Dean to do it, but also mentioned that nobody going to sign any English document, not to mention that they will not translate it themselves and so on....(
Whoever is from Russia will understand what I mean.
Any suggestions will be appreciated though...
Thanks to all who will reply
The problem is to know what kind of translation would be good enough for them. I think they would want a certified translation, good luck finding it in Russia. They would not sign anything in english - paranoid, even though they suppose to know english for their PhDs. Pain in the ass.
I will ask them to send a letter to my mom to another city. She will open the letter and put translation in and send it to the University in the states.
What else can I do? I will try and call university to ask about translation

It's better to check if dental university also have any translation guidelines. There are some universities which accept translation only from certified translation agencies in US. I do not have any experience with translation, so you should do some research and get a confirmation to avoid last minute issues.

The problem is to know what kind of translation would be good enough for them. I think they would want a certified translation, good luck finding it in Russia. They would not sign anything in english - paranoid, even though they suppose to know english for their PhDs. Pain in the ass.
I will ask them to send a letter to my mom to another city. She will open the letter and put translation in and send it to the University in the states.
Its no problem to find certified translation services in US. The problem is it has to be translated (most likely issued by University attended in English language) and sent directly to the program in the SEALED envelope. I read all requirements from all the school on CAAPID web site as well as the web sites for each individual school offering a program. There are some schools that are very strict in this requirement, so I contacted them directly and tried to explain situation, but they are mostly rephrasing what is already said on their application guidelines. One of the administrator even told me straight, that if you can't get it you should not apply.
BTW same pertains to the schools that are strictly requiring LOR from dean of the program.
What a hassle.......(
Fortunately there are schools with requirements that are much more simplified.

Good luck to everybody

Its no problem to find certified translation services in US. The problem is it has to be translated (most likely issued by University attended in English language) and sent directly to the program in the SEALED envelope. I read all requirements from all the school on CAAPID web site as well as the web sites for each individual school offering a program. There are some schools that are very strict in this requirement, so I contacted them directly and tried to explain situation, but they are mostly rephrasing what is already said on their application guidelines. One of the administrator even told me straight, that if you can't get it you should not apply.
BTW same pertains to the schools that are strictly requiring LOR from dean of the program.
What a hassle.......(
Fortunately there are schools with requirements that are much more simplified.

Good luck to everybody
Last time I inquired my dean was dead and head of the university in jail for corruption charges.
In my experience you can send recommendations from whoever you have. People who actually read them are more intelligent, then administrator. It might be useful to include some comments, like sorry but my dean is dead and by the way I was in school 15 years ago and we had 600+ students - he/she would have never remembered me, unless I did something terrible
Frankly, with requirements like this, they are forcing us to be "creative".Silly

Reactions: 1 users