Transcripts: where to send them?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studiene

MD Class of 2022
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I'm applying to both MD schools and DO schools:

1) Do I request two transcripts from my undergraduate institution -- one for AMCAS and one for AACOMAS? I don't need one for each school, correct? Do they need to be physical copies?

2) I took summer classes at a community college between my freshman and sophomore year so that I could graduate a semester early -- I know I need to request transcripts from here as well, it would also be two; one for AMCAS and one for AACOMAS, right? So I would be requesting a total of four transcripts, to my understanding.

I should wait until the applications open (so after May 4th) in order to request transcripts from my schools, correct? Especially since I want my spring semester grades to show up on my undergrad transcript. Would I just write on the request form the physical addresses for AMCAS and AACOMAS? Is that how this works?
I just want to try to ensure everything goes smoothly, since I read that transcript issues are the number one reason that cause applicants to be verified late. I also don't want to spend more money than I have to on transcripts!

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you so much! I can get that transcript request form once the applications open, if I understand correctly then. However, could the registrar send it before June 1st, since technically I will not have submitted my primary application until that date?

AMCAS and AACOMAS say that they strongly advise printing their transcript request form and informing the registrar to attach it to the transcript when they send it out. I'll be asking my undergrad institution in person to send the transcripts and can attach the printed transcript request forms to my school's transcript request forms. However, in order to get transcripts from the CC I attended, I have to request them online through Parchment. I don't know what I would do in this situation?