Transfer Advice Please!!

Started by deleted621740
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted621740

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I would love some opinions on whether or not I should transfer as I have been strongly debating it. In short, I spent one year at a cc playing sports (I did not take any medical school pre-req courses at the cc level b/c I didn't want adcoms to look down on it; i.e, general biology, general chemistry, etc.) and transferred to a smaller LAC in my home state. I have loved it here so far and I have done extremely well over the past year attaining A's in all of my classes (I am no longer playing sports) and thus maintaining a 4.0 sGPA. I have great extracurriculars so far and I am currently doing research at the NIH, but Due to my religious affiliations and current living situation, I am considering either transferring to one of my large state Universities or BYU in provo UT. My primary concern is that adcoms may look down upon a cc-LAC-large school transfer student. Has anyone been in a similar situation? Any suggestions? Thank you!
 
I don't know if they would look down on it, but they will ask about/wonder. I don't know if "religious affiliation" is a great enough reason, but maybe it is. Living situation issues may be a better reason.

Though I want to say, if you are doing awesome in your classes, and clearly have great activities, why stop a good thing?
 
I don't know if they would look down on it, but they will ask about/wonder. I don't know if "religious affiliation" is a great enough reason, but maybe it is. Living situation issues may be a better reason.

Though I want to say, if you are doing awesome in your classes, and clearly have great activities, why stop a good thing?

Normally I would agree with you, but a Mormon transferring to BYU wouldn't raise any questions.