Transfer: Any Experience w/ SUNY Upstate

Started by basupran
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I interviewed there..what you need know? i was not that impress with the school...very cold when I went, and it is just a small colege town....there was a lot of construction around, I think is going to look nice in the future...I had 2 interviews one with a doctor, and one with a student..questions were mostly background info.

Sorry to be so terse, but I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with SUNY Upstate, ie gotten an interview.

Thanks
 
I interviewed there..what you need know? i was not that impress with the school...very cold when I went, and it is just a small colege town....there was a lot of construction around, I think is going to look nice in the future...I had 2 interviews one with a doctor, and one with a student..questions were mostly background info.

What do the US schools look for when considering transfers? Undergrad grads? MCAT? Med school gpa (how important is it in comparison of USMLEs)? USMLEs?

Also does having a masters degree help?
 
What do the US schools look for when considering transfers? Undergrad grads? MCAT? Med school gpa (how important is it in comparison of USMLEs)? USMLEs?

Also does having a masters degree help?

I think lrip interviewed for an MS1 spot which has different criteria. For transfer, they look at

Step 1 score
Achievements
GPA
class rank
MCAT
UG GPA


(descending order)