transfer credit from high school!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predentlove

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking at the ADEA application guide it states:

"Transfer credit(s) appearing on a transcript cannot be accepted in lieu of an original transcript from the institution where the coursework was originally taken. Send transcripts for all colleges and universities you have attended regardless of whether course credit transferred to another college or university and appears on that transcript."

Does this mean I have to send my highschool transcript? I'm assuming not? I have AP credit that transferred into my college transcript.

Members don't see this ad.

How does it show on your college transcript! Just "X number of credits transferred"? Or are there courses listed? I'm pretty sure they don't want high school transcripts. When you put the course in, you can classify it as AP/CLEP.

AP is course credit and placement is only granted by individual colleges and universities, not the College Board or the AP Program, in this case your HS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Since the AP credits don't count, don't send your HS transcripts. Your college transcripts should include all classes needed.

Thanks!! :)

One other question:

On my transcript the name of the course for my AP test credits are:

"LBL SL - LL SCIENLAB - 1.00"
"PSY 101 - GENERAL PSYCHOLOGY -1.00"
"TRANS - TRANSFER COURSE -1.00"

so should i just write "transfer course" on the application... whatever that means?

I am having a similar issue to you. I have IB credits from highschool which give me credits at my university for biology and english courses but they do not appear on my official transcript. It just says xx credits, not what courses they are equivalent to at my university. I am not sure how I am supposed to submit this information to AADSAS.

:/ oh no they don't even list the name of the class? i would try calling adea aadsas? .. i don't know if i should just list it as "transfer course" for that one course. i'll call them tomorrow

I am planning to contact them and possibly the schools I will be applying to on Friday. I do not think it will affect me too much as I have a major in Molecular Biology and Biochemistry and have taken some higher level bio and english courses at the university level as well.

Last edited:
The person i talked to told me to simply put down what is listed on the transcript under the first year.

I would call 1 617 612 2045 to see what to put if no course names are listed for your AP credit

Hello all so whats the consensus on this?

My transcript says 63 transfer credits but does not list classes. However on my "history of classes" it lists which classes are fulfilled due to my AP credits.

Should I list all those classes under my first quarter of undergrad?

Thanks a lot guys