This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ColaLola

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I go to an ivy league but summer courses are all too expensive for me. I intend on taking college courses at Rutgers which would be much more bearable. Since I can list all college courses for AMCAS, would it be fine if I take biochemistry at Rutgers without transferring it over to my ivy. Then taking the course officially at my university? I'm hoping I could get credit for both courses, especially without transferring over while getting an opportunity to learn the material twice since I haven't been as academically exposed like all the other prep students.

Members don't see this ad.

So I go to an ivy league but summer courses are all too expensive for me. I intend on taking college courses at Rutgers which would be much more bearable. Since I can list all college courses for AMCAS, would it be fine if I take biochemistry at Rutgers without transferring it over to my ivy. Then taking the course officially at my university? I'm hoping I could get credit for both courses, especially without transferring over while getting an opportunity to learn the material twice since I haven't been as academically exposed like all the other prep students.

You could, however I'm not sure how adcoms would view two grades in the same course, especially if you do well in the course at Rutgers there isn't a reason to retake at your university. Perhaps ask if you can audit the summer course? Then you can sit in, learn the material, and then take it at your university during the fall semester.

You could, however I'm not sure how adcoms would view two grades in the same course, especially if you do well in the course at Rutgers there isn't a reason to retake at your university. Perhaps ask if you can audit the summer course? Then you can sit in, learn the material, and then take it at your university during the fall semester.
Fair. I was hoping that it'd aid my science gpa in a way. But, I guess they won't be all too happy about how that looks, regardless. Thanks tho