Transfer DEAN'S letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

F/A-18

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently transferring from a DO school to an MD school. Pending my board score (which I should get next week). I will be an M3 after I pass.

When I asked the dean about the letter, he said that it was not a recommendation, but just a letter of status. They cannot lie about your status as a student. If you are in good standing, then you are in good standing and the dean will reflect that in his or her letter.

However, I did need a very legitamite reason, which I had. I also had a very good recs from clinicans and pHDs.

Good luck, I hope that I answered your question.

yeah, its not a dean's letter of recommendation.

Its only a form saying that you're actually attending your school. You're in good academic standing, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cubs3Canes, what was required of you to transfer? Also, what school are you transferring to? Seems like you are transferring pretty late; we started rotations two weeks ago!

I'm currently waiting on word from USC for a transfer - all that was required of the Dean was a letter of good standing. And that was it, a letter stating I was in good standing, it's nothing like a letter of rec.

I found out about my transfer in march. However, LSU-NO will not let me start until they have my board scores. I mean, they will not let me do anything until I get my board scores. Therefore, I am in limbo. It is actually nice. My wife and I bought a house and we are getting a lot of work done on it.

However, it is also stressful. I took the test on June 9th and I will hopefully get my scores this week.

Also, my former school, was also very cool about the transfer. They let me take this month off and if by chance I failed the USMLE, they will let me start my rotations in August.

But I do not think like that..dc

Hey Dominic, did you get your USMLE scores back to complete your transfer to LSU-NO ?