Transfer from SGU to USA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IWSMD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone ever tried to transfer from SGU to the USA, or know anyone that has? Just wondering. Either way, whether I stay at SGU or transfer(as it's cheaper to go to an in-state med school where I have established residency), I am ok with it...I am just looking to save a little $$$$$...then my wife can make more $$$ than she can here. Thanks for any info. :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

The answer to your first question is a resounding yes - many people try and transfer every year from SGU to a US school, and I'm sure every year there are at least a few who make it.

If you do a search on this forum, I'm sure you'll find information to help you.

My dermatologist transferred after 1 year from SGU to U Miami and did really well there, and he told me he got a 3 on the physical science section of his mcat. He's fairly young, so I guess it was not that long ago.

However, I think it's very difficult to transfer, so that's why I have not applied to SGU.

By the way, is it too late to apply? Do they really accept applications until June?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

No, it isn't too late to apply. SGU is on rotating terms, so that is why their application cycle is different. They are always interviewing, and reviewing app's. I can tell you the education here is great, and the lab equipment is state of the art. I know someone also who transferred after 1 year, so it can be done, like you mentioned. Good luck in your app process. :cool:

I will tell you that transfers to UM are no longer possible. I spoke with them about that last year and they changed their policy on accepting transfers as a result of their new curriculum.

I am sure there are many other schools, however, that may accept transfers from SGU.