Transfer my summer class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MuskieMan33

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I took a summer class, gen chem 2, and I can't decide if I should transfer it back to my school (as i took it close to home). I haven't got my official grade, but I really feel like I did very poorly in the class (C). I understand the material fairly well, and feel I know it well enough to go to organic. For me, organic 1 is in the fall only, and orgo 2 is only offered in the spring. The 5 credit hr class would pull my gpa down so far it would take a semester to just get me back where I am now.

My question is should I not have the credit transferred, continue with orgo 1 and 2, and then get gen chem 2 out of the way to graduate? I do still need to verify that I will be able to do this with my school. The reason I'm so determined about orgo this year is so I can take the DAT and do half way descent. Like I said, I do feel like I know the material well enough, just not wanting to take a C for a class that I know I can do better in.

Any input will be appreciated, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

I took a summer class, gen chem 2, and I can't decide if I should transfer it back to my school (as i took it close to home). I haven't got my official grade, but I really feel like I did very poorly in the class (C). I understand the material fairly well, and feel I know it well enough to go to organic. For me, organic 1 is in the fall only, and orgo 2 is only offered in the spring. The 5 credit hr class would pull my gpa down so far it would take a semester to just get me back where I am now.

My question is should I not have the credit transferred, continue with orgo 1 and 2, and then get gen chem 2 out of the way to graduate? I do still need to verify that I will be able to do this with my school. The reason I'm so determined about orgo this year is so I can take the DAT and do half way descent. Like I said, I do feel like I know the material well enough, just not wanting to take a C for a class that I know I can do better in.

Hmm. But you already got the grade on chem 2. And even if you don't decide to transfer credit, you have to report ALL the grades you taken in college when you apply to d-school. If you know the material but you got a C and don't want to transfer due to grade, I personally think there is no point, b/c its going to be reported anyways.

No matter what, this grade will be calculated into your GPA when you apply to dental school. Are you sure your current school will allow you to take Organic if you don't transfer Chem II?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am not sure if my school will let me continue with organic without chem 2, but I thought it was worth trying to see if I can. When you guys say ALL scores have to be reported on the application, does that mean I have to report all scores? (even if it was taken at a different school)? Or do the schools do a little investigating on their part to find out if that was really all? Thanks for the posts everyone!

They can find out if you attended another school. Don't lie on your application or it could cost you a chance at dentistry!

Thanks for the advice drill! Ill just accept the poor grade and keep on keepin on. hopefully I'll be able to pull my gpa back up this year before applying and taking the DAT! :xf:

Hey Muskie,

If you aren't satisfied with your summer course grade, then DO NOT transfer the grade to your regular college. The reason I state this is because the college where you've taken your summer general chemistry course will show up on your regular college's transcript. Which in turn, is something you're going to submit to AADSAS.

Come AADSAS time, to input your grade, and you do not input your summer gen. chem grade, the dental school admissions office will be asking you what the hell happened to your transcript from XXX college (where you've taken your summer course). Why? Because if you do transfer the grade, your trascript will state "XXX college transfer..."

Hey everyone,

Hey Muskie,

If you aren't satisfied with your summer course grade, then DO NOT transfer the grade to your regular college. The reason I state this is because the college where you've taken your summer general chemistry course will show up on your regular college's transcript. Which in turn, is something you're going to submit to AADSAS.

Come AADSAS time, to input your grade, and you do not input your summer gen. chem grade, the dental school admissions office will be asking you what the hell happened to your transcript from XXX college (where you've taken your summer course). Why? Because if you do transfer the grade, your trascript will state "XXX college transfer..."

Sorry but that is incredibly confusing and I kind of lost your point in there somewhere...?

Bottom line is, you NEED to send in your transcript from all universities that you've attended otherwise your application will NOT be complete. Does not matter if its transferred or not... you've attended the school so now you need to send in your transcript.