Transfer- Same school different location Please answer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ayannagrad2012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in highschool in New Jersey. I have a 3.2xxx gpa and I only took SAT once. (just giving a background)
I was wondering if I took pre-reqs at Rutgers Camden for pharmacy and then applied at Rutgers New Brunswick Pharmacy school- would it be an easy transition or would I have to go through the same process as outsider transfer students?:):):D:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

By transfer do you mean transfer during your pre-reqs? Or do you mean that you are going to do your pre-reqs at one school and go to pharmacy school at another university? If it's the latter, you will probably have to apply to pharmacy school like everyone else (PCAT, Pharmcas, ETC). You can get your pre-reqs pretty much anywhere and apply to pharmacy school. An undergrad can't transfer into pharmacy school, you'll have to apply and get accepted.

Ask Rutgers. I believe that it has a 2+4 pathway, though I might be wrong. I think it will still be harder to get into pharmacy than someone who does Rutgers New Brunswick all 6 years, but probably not as hard as someone that's applying from a different school altogether.