Transferring from Community College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

corn muffin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I know that premed requirements should be taken at a 4 year college. My dilemma is that I started at a 2 year community college for financial reasons. My major is Mathematics and I have already taken a year of English Composition and a year of Calculus. I have gotten an A & B in English and two A's in Calc I & II. I have to take Calc III and Differential Equations before completing my associates this year. I plan on taking all my biology, chemistry, and physics requirements at a 4 year college. Could it it be a problem that I took English and Calculus at a community college even if I continue to get good grades in math at my transfer college?

Thanks,

Adam

Members don't see this ad.

not a problem at all. you'll be fine.

I did all but physics at a CC and I got into a few med schools just fine. They understand students are poor. It only looks bad when one is at a university and then takes pre-reqs at a CC during (that indicates they are trying to skirt the system).

If you do take your pre-reqs at a CC, you would then have to take a few upper division science courses at the 4 year once you transfer. You need to blow these classes away to show that you can handle science courses at a 4 year.