transferring medical school to one with an ENT department

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lakersbaby

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am a MS1 pretty serious about ENT, and I currently attend a school that does not have its own ENT department. do you guys think it would be beneficial to try and transfer my 3rd year to a medical school that has an established ENT department? i would like to transfer to a california program. thanks guys

Members don't see this ad.

I think that might be pretty late in the game to do to make it worth your while. I'm really not sure, though.

I would think the earlier you transfer the better it would be. The better your relationship with the department, the more they will go to bat for you.

Seems like a big commitment though and you really need to weigh the risks and benefits of a decision with that kind of magnitude.

Don't know how hard it is to transfer, but I can't think that it can hurt. That said, even med schools without a dept should still have oto attendings. Making connections with them can be very beneficial, if you don't or aren't able to transfer.