1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Transitional Year

Discussion in 'PM&R' started by freddydpt, Feb 25, 2007.

1. freddydpt

Physician 10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Attending Physician, DPT / OTD, Physical Therapist
    Question for all who did a transitional year...

Where did you go? Did you like it? Would you recommend it? and the mother of all questions... why for all of the above?

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SCIronMike

SCIronMike Member
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I did my transitional year at Arrowhead Regional Medical Center in Colton, CA. I chose the program because I like the volume of county hospitals and the call schedule was really nice. 2 to 3 months of q4 call, otherwise no call or night float. It was a REALLY busy year, and I hated internship while I was there, but in retrospect I learned A LOT. I would recommend the program for a person who is not intimidated by an extremely heavy workload and who is confident to manage patients without a lot of supervision.

3. caedmon

caedmon Member
    10+ Year Member

Where did you go?
    LDS Hospital, Salt Lake City, Utah- Location, location, skiiing plus good combination of workload plus education.

Did I like it?
    Yes. Good mix of inpatient/outpatient, work hard but not too hard, good elective opportunities, worked at a ski resort for one month, good faculty, treat residents well with a couple of retreat days, fed well etc.

Would I recommend it?
    Yes. For the same reasons listed above.

4. melancholy

melancholy 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Schedule for ACGME transitional interns has been "cushed" since the beginning of this past academic year thanks to lots of feedback from previous year's interns. No love for DO's though. (semi-kidding)