• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

freddydpt

15+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2004
Pennsylvania
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
  2. DPT / OTD
  3. Physical Therapist
Question for all who did a transitional year...

Where did you go? Did you like it? Would you recommend it? and the mother of all questions... why for all of the above?

Thanks!

SCIronMike

15+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2002
Huntington Beach, CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I did my transitional year at Arrowhead Regional Medical Center in Colton, CA. I chose the program because I like the volume of county hospitals and the call schedule was really nice. 2 to 3 months of q4 call, otherwise no call or night float. It was a REALLY busy year, and I hated internship while I was there, but in retrospect I learned A LOT. I would recommend the program for a person who is not intimidated by an extremely heavy workload and who is confident to manage patients without a lot of supervision.

caedmon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2003
Status (Visible)
Where did you go?
LDS Hospital, Salt Lake City, Utah- Location, location, skiiing plus good combination of workload plus education.

Did I like it?
Yes. Good mix of inpatient/outpatient, work hard but not too hard, good elective opportunities, worked at a ski resort for one month, good faculty, treat residents well with a couple of retreat days, fed well etc.

Would I recommend it?
Yes. For the same reasons listed above.

melancholy

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2000
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I did my transitional year at Arrowhead Regional Medical Center in Colton, CA. I chose the program because I like the volume of county hospitals and the call schedule was really nice. 2 to 3 months of q4 call, otherwise no call or night float. It was a REALLY busy year, and I hated internship while I was there, but in retrospect I learned A LOT. I would recommend the program for a person who is not intimidated by an extremely heavy workload and who is confident to manage patients without a lot of supervision.

Schedule for ACGME transitional interns has been "cushed" since the beginning of this past academic year thanks to lots of feedback from previous year's interns. No love for DO's though. (semi-kidding)

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.