Translating for a PT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Are you saying you were shadowing a PT and he/she asked you to translate a foreign language that the PT did not speak? I don't see that as being bad. My hospital has the following preference for translators: trained staff -> translation hotline -> untrained staff -> friends/family (never minors). Do you intend on putting that on an application?
 
I'm Mexican and I work as a PT Tech and do this ALL of the time. I didn't put it in my personal statement though. Instead, I wrote about my life experience and why I wanted to be a PT and talked about my mother going through PT and that I TRANSLATED for HER when she did her rehab... I then spoke about my job... so from there, they can see that I was born in Mexico, spoke spanish, translated for my mom....and work as a PT Tech. I feel like writing a statement down as "I'm experienced in translating" is less appealing than using an example.... BUT by all means... write about that event and how it was a great experience to do that as an observer.