Transmission Date Changes on AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Beast

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, anyone else having this problem?

My application to AMCAS for 2004 has been processed and I started receiving transmission dates for schools the first week of transmission, July 14th. However, after adding a few more schools to the list, the transmission dates for schools that were already on the list began changing over the next few days. For example, one school which read 7/14 now reads 7/21. I called AMCAS today and they were perplexed--normally you have to change some information on your application for med schools to transmit again, not just add more schools. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any info/advice? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

same thing happened for me. my transmission dates for washu and wake forest changed yesterday.
prior to yesterday, there were no transmission dates listed on my printed app though. now wake forest is there, but despite the change in washu's date and the fact that i've gotten an email from them, the transmission to washu isn't recorded on my printed app.

Same here for some schools the transmission dates changed, like Mayo, Wash U, and some others. Also some of the schools are not listed as transmitted on the print application yet they are on the home page, go figure...anyone know what is going on?

lool...yeah same thing is happening here...in fact, nearly all 9 of the schools that originally had transmission dates of July 14th to the 17th are now all changed to July 21st and I haven't made any changes at all to my application...i dunno wtf is going on... Who to call? AMCAS seems to not know anything about this considering one of you just said they were perplexed...which is stupid IMO, how can they not know what's going on with THEIR OWN application service....oh well, we'll just see what happens

My personal take on it is that Schools are continuously downloading various portions of your application or other information about you from ur primary app which means that the dates of transmission continually change...like for baylor i wouldn't be surprisd if they decided to download only ur bio info and contact info alongside ur e-mail cuz that way they can send u an email confirmation, they probably downloaded the entire application or more of it recently hence the change in dates of transmission...at least this is my take on it...I could be flat wrong but this seems to make sense