transportation to TUCOM

Started by meep
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

meep

New Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am planning to commute by ferry from San Francisco to TUCOM and worried that the novelty might wear off quickly... Any comments on the difficulty of this commute from a current TUCOM student would be appreciated. Thanks!
 
It depends. There is no free parking at the ferry dock on the SF side. If you live close enough you should ride a bike there and then bike to the campus once in Vallejo. Problem is, this method will take about 90 minutes. There is a shuttle that goes from the Vallejo dock to the island near the campus, but I think it only runs at peak commute hours.

Nobody I know is doing this. There are 3 or 4 of us that commute from SF by car. One-way it averages 50 to 70 minutes depending on when you go.
 
Meep,

As your future classmate, I recommend you staying around Vallejo or on Mare Island. It will save you a lot of time that can be spent studying instead of commuting. I think you'll also miss out on the opportunity to get to know your classmates (me!). It seems to me that the students who are currently living on campus like it a lot. It's actually pretty nice inside the apartments. Unless you have financial problems or other circumstances that require you to stay in SF, I really recommend that you move to the island. We can do study groups
smile.gif