transportation to TUCOM

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by meep, Jan 25, 2000.

1. meep

meep New Member

I am planning to commute by ferry from San Francisco to TUCOM and worried that the novelty might wear off quickly... Any comments on the difficulty of this commute from a current TUCOM student would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dcdo

dcdo Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

It depends. There is no free parking at the ferry dock on the SF side. If you live close enough you should ride a bike there and then bike to the campus once in Vallejo. Problem is, this method will take about 90 minutes. There is a shuttle that goes from the Vallejo dock to the island near the campus, but I think it only runs at peak commute hours.

Nobody I know is doing this. There are 3 or 4 of us that commute from SF by car. One-way it averages 50 to 70 minutes depending on when you go.

4. darly

darly Member
    10+ Year Member

Meep,

As your future classmate, I recommend you staying around Vallejo or on Mare Island. It will save you a lot of time that can be spent studying instead of commuting. I think you'll also miss out on the opportunity to get to know your classmates (me!). It seems to me that the students who are currently living on campus like it a lot. It's actually pretty nice inside the apartments. Unless you have financial problems or other circumstances that require you to stay in SF, I really recommend that you move to the island. We can do study groups [​IMG]