Transporting teeth.

La Dentista

10+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2008
  1. Pre-Dental
    My future school is many states away, and it takes three hours by plane to get there. I was wondering what suggestions any of you had for transporting a boatload of teeth (okay, more like a good-sized jar; lots of teeth).

Bubble wrap and pad the heck out of everything and send them through the mail?
    Empty solutions and transport them with me?

Lol, I honestly don't have a clue to this one. :thumbup:

Suggestions/advice?

litldime

D2
    Moderator Emeritus
    10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Jul 11, 2006
    Texas
    1. Dental Student
      haha! i never thought of this. I really don't know what advice to give you because you know how those airport workers just throw luggage around and you don't want that all over your clothes....:scared: i'm also not sure if the post office would mail that....you might want to call the airlines and post office to ask....i can just hear the person on the phone,you're trying to mail what?

About the Ads

Hysteria24

1K Member
      10+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Feb 22, 2002
      1. Resident [Any Field]
        I don't know about you guys but this thread gives me the chills when thinking about the jar of teeth breaking open in a suit case. If it happened to me, all the other items in the suitcase would be going straight to the trash (or possibly biohazard!). :barf:

The only thing with sending things through the mail is the risk of them losing the package. I've had bad luck lately. You can insure it for all the money you want but it’s not like you can use the insurance money to go out and purchase X amount of teeth.

tinman831

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
        Staff member
        Administrator
        Volunteer Staff
        Verified Expert
        15+ Year Member
        Gold Member
        Dec 11, 2004
        Texas
        1. Dentist
          If you're afraid of the jar breaking, take the teeth out of solution and place them in a heavy duty ziploc bag.

Technically I don't think you're allowed to mail them as teeth they're considered biohazardous (unless you don't tell them).

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.