La Dentista

10+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
My future school is many states away, and it takes three hours by plane to get there. I was wondering what suggestions any of you had for transporting a boatload of teeth (okay, more like a good-sized jar; lots of teeth).

Bubble wrap and pad the heck out of everything and send them through the mail?
Empty solutions and transport them with me?

Lol, I honestly don't have a clue to this one. :thumbup:

Suggestions/advice?

airsimon

10+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2007
Status
Dental Student
Just seal them tightly and throw them in your suitcase. If you're driving (which makes more sense cuz then you can transport more stuff) put them in a cup holder....

litldime

D2
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2006
Texas
Status
Dental Student
haha! i never thought of this. I really don't know what advice to give you because you know how those airport workers just throw luggage around and you don't want that all over your clothes....:scared: i'm also not sure if the post office would mail that....you might want to call the airlines and post office to ask....i can just hear the person on the phone,you're trying to mail what?

loved

10+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
I was in the same position, and the best option I could think of was what you said-- Bubble wrap and pad the heck out of everything and send them through the mail.

bounty101

10+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2008
Status
Non-Student
You don't want to raise any suspicions in the airport that you are a crazed killer, so I recommend you seal them tightly into condoms and ingest them.

toothfairy85

10+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2006
Texas
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I would empty the solution and take them with you. The teeth will be fine for a couple hours not soaked in solution.

harjay

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2007
San Diego, CA
Status
Dentist
The shipping option sounds good, but I'd recommend putting some other material inside the jar that will hold the teeth in place and keep them from sloshing around

Hysteria24

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2002
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I don't know about you guys but this thread gives me the chills when thinking about the jar of teeth breaking open in a suit case. If it happened to me, all the other items in the suitcase would be going straight to the trash (or possibly biohazard!). :barf:

The only thing with sending things through the mail is the risk of them losing the package. I've had bad luck lately. You can insure it for all the money you want but it’s not like you can use the insurance money to go out and purchase X amount of teeth.

tinman831

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Dec 11, 2004
Texas
Status
Dentist
If you're afraid of the jar breaking, take the teeth out of solution and place them in a heavy duty ziploc bag.

Technically I don't think you're allowed to mail them as teeth they're considered biohazardous (unless you don't tell them).

OP
L

La Dentista

10+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
You don't want to raise any suspicions in the airport that you are a crazed killer, so I recommend you seal them tightly into condoms and ingest them.
Gee, I love this option.:laugh: