Travel Medicine?

Started by jcoool98
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jcoool98

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know that I want to be a doctor no matter what, but I don't want to do the traditional things. It is my life goal to see as much of the world as possible before I die. Does anyone know of any kind of career option that would allow for world travel and medicine to be combined.
 
There are so many options.
All the profs at Loma Linda travel and are MD's but work in piblic health now. There are tons of global opportunities. Many have told me that you are just more of an asset having clinical experience.
 
this is exactly what i want also. i think i can combine my love for travelling with medicine. if anyone knows of other organistaions please post them as well. i thought abot red cross. UN., UNICEF etc but i don't know exactly how they work.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you looking to practice medicine in different countries, or just combine being a doctor and traveling. Every cruise ship has a doctor onboard, this would be a great way to see the world, travel to your hearts content, and practice medicine.