Travelling pharmacist - Is it worth?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

givingin999

Reaction score
I recently moved from one saturated location to another (currently the Bay Area of CA) and am struggling to get anything other than contract work. I understand the area is oversaturated (at least by mouth that is what is said), but when I look online it seems every pharmacist position is posted at hospitals. I'm not sure if anyone knows any information about those postings, but I was hoping to get some insight on how to get an interview for these positions.

Also, I have been trying to avoid flying out to places as a travel pharmacist for 6 month contracts in areas that I know I would never live. The problem with oversaturation where I want to live is they want RECENT experience which I don't have (probably part of the problem in the previous paragraph). Does anyone think that flying to a city every week is worth the pay and aggravation? I currently have a place to live in the Bay area so the contract company would pay my hotel/housing. I also have a dog I would have to leave behind every week :'( which is the main reason I wouldn't want to stay there indefinitely for the 6 months.

I'm currently between contracts and was hoping for some advice from locals or others that may have faced this problem recently. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.